Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Plus One Bonus (Table Topped #4) by Alex Silver

 


Amazon Link   - Available in KU  





Our relationship is fake, but my feelings are growing more real by the day.

Max sweeps me off my feet at our bus stop. He becomes my friend. Then, just when I think he might be into me, he throws me a curve ball by asking me to be his fake date to a wedding. He claims his buddies won’t leave him alone about finding a plus one. The catch is, the ceremony is months away, so we’ll have to be pretend datemates for a while.

I suspect there’s more going on than Max’s inability to handle confronting his meddlesome friends. Especially once I meet them all and see how much they care about Max. I keep going around in circles trying to figure out how he truly feels about me, all the while trying not to fall for him.

Plus One Bonus is the fourth book in the Table Topped series. It is an M/X (genderfluid) romance between Max, the newest member of his gaming group who misses home, has a secret penchant for manties, and can’t handle confrontation and Si/Simon/Simone, a snarky genderfluid tea seller.

CW: History of neglectful parents and parental abandonment, a side character’s infertility struggles are mentioned.





My Rating - 4 Stars!


Plus One Bonus is a great addition to the Table Topped series. The fourth book in this Alex Silver series, it's definitely best read as a part of the series to get the full experience of the friend group. 

As with the entire series, Max and Si's relationship involves plenty of gaming moments. These aren't my favorite scenes, but I do love the friendships in the group, with the banter and sarcasm. 

And of course, Max's friends are the reason everything starts with Si/Simon/Simone as Max needs a fake relationship to get his friends to back off from setting him up.

I adore the way everything unfolds for these two. Slow burn is the key here though, as the two start falling quickly, but take a while to admit it. 

The gender fluid aspect is extremely well done. I absolutely love and appreciate every moment of this element. Si/Simon/Simone. The way the author writes all three is fabulous. The reader can clearly feel the differences along with the characters. If you're ever looking for a great gender fluid character, look no further.

I love the way Max deals with and react to Si's different gender feels, and handles it supremely well. The two are clearly wonderful together. 

Plus One Bonus is a fun fake relationship romance. Alex Silver definitely delivers with this sweet story. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...