Sunday, April 11, 2021

Forbidden Ink (Get Ink'd #6) by Ali Lyda

 


Amazon Link - Available in KU 
Goodreads Link





I’m not a deadbeat.
I didn’t know my kid existed before Milo showed up, but now that I do, I’m determined to keep my beautiful little Sofie in my life. Even if it means I need to spend time around her irritable uncle, Milo. The man pushes all of my buttons.

He riles me up until I can’t think of anything except kissing him. Definitely not the reaction he expects. He’s not out, but I’m not the type to hide. Is there any way to make it work for our new family?

Family means everything.
Eryk’s a cocky playboy. He’s not good enough to be my niece’s father, but unfortunately, DNA says otherwise. Father or not, I’m not about to walk out of little Sofie’s life.

Which means I have to walk into Eryk’s even though I can’t stand him. So why is he so hard to resist? I decided on a closeted life a long time ago. It’s the only way to stay safe and successful. Could I bring myself to step out of the closet if it means having the true love of a family?




My Rating - 4.5 Stars!

 
Forbidden Ink is the sixth book in the Get Ink'd series by Ali Lyda. It perfectly continues this fantastic series, but it's easily read as a standalone. 

There's a lot going on in this enemies to lovers story.

Milo and Eryk meet in an unusual way, as Milo has to bring his niece, Sofie, to meet her father, Eryk. To say that Milo hates Eryk for his reputation is an understatement. 

The enemies to lovers element definitely drives this story, as the two have so much animosity between them. Milo's jealous that Eryk is out and proud. Milo doesn't think Eryk's fit to be a father. And more.

There's custody issues, as well as attraction issues. And I love how it all develops. I adore seeing the small ways things start to change, and the ability to put the child first. 

Milo and Eryk are an interesting couple. Milo wasn't quite father material himself, but both men learn to put the child first. The chemistry between the men is too strong to ignore, and the men are certainly hot together. 

Of course, there's the elephant in the room that some readers won't be able to ignore. Cause yes, Milo is interested in the man who fathered his sister, Maya's baby. I know a lot of people who don't like someone sleeping with their sibling's ex. But, honestly, I barely felt that issue in this book. Eryk's night with her was just that. One hookup that meant nothing to him. They were never a couple. No feelings were ever involved. 

I do struggle with Milo's sister's decision to not tell Eryk that he's a father until she's on her deathbed. That is just something that always pisses me off. But, as this story isn't really about her, I can let that go. 

There's a large issue when it comes to Milo's feelings about Eryk's sexuality. His insecurities and jealousy over Eryk living openly while Milo is closeted and hiding is felt throughout. Milo's frustration and anger are well illustrated and this is a large part of his character. I appreciate where he's coming from and ultimately love the way it's all resolved. 

Forbidden Ink is a wonderful romance. Ali Lyda puts a lot of interesting issues into this story and I love it. Hell, I love anytime an actor feels forced into being closeted. Those are stories that just seem so realistic, so I definitely love that aspect. And the rest is just gravy on top!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...