Thursday, April 29, 2021

Nixing the End of the World (Phoenix's Quest #1) by Alice Winters

 


Amazon Link   - Available in KU  




Nix
“You are the savior of mankind” are the last words I ever expected to hear while nibbling on fries. The thing is, I’m not mankind saving material. I don’t even have magic (and just found out it exists). I’m the most boring, normal(ish) human ever.

Suddenly, I’m being tossed right into the middle of a fight that started years before I was even born, and then I get partnered up with Alastair, a quirky magical Guardian. He is rather attractive and sweet when he’s not into the whole “woe is me, I can’t let myself fall in love with you” nonsense. I mean, the moment he took my annoyingly judgmental grandma hostage, it was all over for me. I was hooked.

Now the only problem is… what exactly are we saving the world from?

Alastair
The moment I laid eyes on Nix, the naive yet easygoing human captivated my attention, and now I’m determined to protect him. But despite my amazing and majestic abilities, we might not make it out of this mess. Still, there must be a reason Nix was chosen. No, he doesn’t have pizazz and maybe he really doesn’t have magic, but he’s also one of the strongest and kindest men I’ve ever met.

Now if I can just get him to stop throwing blankets at enemies, we might have a shot at this.


Nixing the End of the World contains a flaming "horse" with antlers who inexplicably appears when needed (or not), an interfering BFF who didn’t really mean to light the trunk on fire, a six-toed cat that looks like he put a claw in a socket, and an incubus who just wants a smoothie without anyone losing their clothes.




My Rating -5  Stars!


Nixing the End of the World is a fabulous start to the Phoenix's Quest series. This is classic Alice Winters perfection. 

Saving the world has never been so entertaining!

Let me start by saying I usually won't even give stories like this a try. But it's Alice, so I had to. And I am thrilled I did.

Nix's world is upended when he discovers he's the one who will save the world. With Alistair agreeing to guard him, the laughs are non stop. 

Omg, Nix. Nix is so damn lovable with his innocence and lack of knowledge about pretty much everything. And oh man, I love his family too. 

This is a tale of adventure, healing, and a whole lot of danger. But, with Alice's amazing writing style, everything scary or dangerous is lighthearted and easy to read. 

I can't get enough of these men. The banter, the barbs, the sarcasm, and the hilarious situations. I adore how close they become, with funny moments involved. And better yet, I just adore their whole journey. 

Written in alternating first person pov, the writing is smooth, fast paced, and well developed. The world building is stellar, with everything being fair game in this world of magic and mages. The secondary characters are entertaining and add tremendously to the fun.

Nixing the end of the World is a fabulous read. Everything about this Alice Winters read kept me riveted throughout. It's the perfect mix of action, magic, humor, and ultimately some romance. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...