Monday, April 19, 2021

Bombshells (Brooklyn Bruisers #8) by Sarina Bowen

 







The women's league is in the house! And Brooklyn will never be the same again for Anton Bayer and the team…

This is my last chance to ditch my playboy reputation and finally fulfill my potential. So I’ve made three rules for our biggest season yet: no boozing, no women, and no scandals.

Especially that last thing.

So who do I befriend on the very first day back at the rink? An amazing female hockey player. I want Sylvie in a way that’s more than just friendly. I crave her. But I have a championship to win, and so does she.

Then she gets her heart broken by my teammate, and I make the foolish mistake of comforting her in the best way I know how. Our night together sets off a string of sins.

Nobody can know about our affair, especially my overprotective teammate. I can’t let anyone see into my greedy little heart. Not even her.

The things I want from her, and the things we’ve already done? If anyone knew, there’d be bombshells.

Contains: a defenseman with dreamy blue eyes, a female goalie with bad ideas, a major battle of the sexes and a swimming pool scene...



__________________________________________

__________________________________________


My Rating - 5 Stars!

Bombshells is the eighth book in the Brooklyn Bruisers series. Sarina Bowen definitely delights in this romance, which is easily read as a standalone. 

This time around we get both men and women's hockey. And there's a lot going on. 

Anton and Sylvie's romance is a sweet one, that's full of many curves in their road to happiness. 

This is Anton's season for hockey and nothing else. After indulging in partying and women the past few years, this is his year to work hard for his team. 

Then he meets Sylvie, a goalie for the women's hockey team. 

The attraction is instant for Anton. But he's not gonna make a move. Not only has he swoon off women, Sylvie's long been in love with one of Anton's teammates and plans to be with him.

Their story is full of ups and downs and lots of fun. 

Sylvie's relationship with Bryce is interesting for sure. Obviously, she's upset that he's so damn protective of her and treats her like she can't take care of herself. Add in that he won't make a move, and what the heck? But, ohhhh...I love how this ends up.

Meanwhile, she's growing closer to Anton. I adore the way their friendship develops. And I love the way things progress further for them despite them trying to ignore their attraction. The connection between this couple is fabulous and the chemistry is smoking.

Anton. Swoon. You'll be hard pressed to avoid falling in love with this man. 

I appreciate the way the author approaches these characters. Both have some tough pain in their pasts, but the pain never weighs them down. The author avoids getting too serious, and focuses on the lightheartedness instead. 

I'm not sure how I feel about all the signs from Sylvie's mom. I both like this and got annoyed by it. Not helpful for a review, I know. 

Of course, the author treats us to all the fun Bruisers banter and antics. Seriously, I just love these guys and this series! With this book though, we also get a close look at a lot of the women from the Bombshells team and their friendships.

Bombshells is a terrific hockey romance. I love this Sarina Bowen gem, both for itself, and for the way it ties into the series. This is a must read for any sports romance fans. And I highly suggest it for anyone looking for a dose of sweetness, sexiness, sports, and humor. 
__________________________________________
 

__________________________________________



Long after daylight arrives, I lay stretched out in my bed, my eyes shut, fighting off the reality of morning.

My thighs ache, probably from yesterday’s workout. But I’m also deliciously sore in some places I didn’t know I could be sore.

Behind my shuttered eyelids, the night isn’t over yet. If I stay in this dreamlike place, I can relive each thrill that Anton gave me. Each stroke of his magic hands across my bare skin. 

As first times go, I realize I’ve hit the jackpot. His obvious skill and devotion to female pleasure make me a very lucky girl.

But that wasn’t last night’s biggest surprise. It wasn’t just the thrills and chills. It was the heady emotional journey that we seemed to take together. His kisses tasted as hungry as mine. His touch was reverent, his words desperate. 

Maybe it’s all in my head. A girl can imagine a deep connection that isn’t really there. 

I’m a pro at that, actually.

But it felt so real. Even after the last groan and gasp had passed, Anton’s kisses didn’t stop. As I floated down from the extreme high of sexual pleasure, his lips continued to trace my neck, and gentle hands smoothed over my hips and down my back.

That part—the aftermath—was just as beautiful to me. I’d never wanted it to end.

Eventually, he’d gotten up to visit my bathroom. I’d heard him running the sink and washing up. Then I’d braced myself for his departure. His team began an eight-day road trip this morning. It’s not like he had a lot of extra time to share. 

But he hadn’t thrown on his clothes and left. Instead, he’d come back to the bed, straightening out the covers we’d tossed around during our sex fest. 

Then he’d lifted the covers and slid in beside me.

Feeling blessed, I’d rolled to meet him in the middle, where strong arms wrapped me into the sweetest embrace. 

We hadn’t spoken much. I’d felt too dreamy for casual conversation. And I don’t know what I would have found to say besides wow and thank you and please feel free to do that again.

My silence had also prevented me from blurting out the news that the whole experience had been a first for me. That’s nobody’s business but mine. And Anton doesn’t need the burden of dealing with my strange life choices. 

I didn’t want him to know, because it would have changed everything. He didn’t baby me. His brand of aggressive, bossy, emotional lust was a real eye-opener. 

But only metaphorically, because I refuse to open my eyes. 

Although I’d already cheated once, when I’d rolled over to discover that Anton had left me a note—short and sweet and just as perfect as our night together.

Sylvie—you are a sleeping beauty. There aren’t words to describe last night. Except maybe “Wow.” I will call you tonight. —A.B.

And there was a smiley face. When I’d read the note, that smiley face had matched my own.

“Sylvie,” comes Fiona’s voice through the door, followed by a knock. “Are you still in bed?”

“Yes. So?” I cover my eyes with one arm, as if the extra barrier could prevent the day from arriving. 

“Get up. We have to go to brunch.”

I search my memory for anything related to brunch and come up empty. “Why? Shouldn’t you be at work?” I stretch lazily. 

“It’s Sunday. Get up. You have twenty minutes to shower and get dressed.”

“Or else?” I do not understand the urgency.

“Or else I will combust from all the questions I have for you.”

Uh-oh. Fiona seems to know that I wasn’t alone in my bedroom last night. Maybe she heard Anton leave. But I’m not about to tell the whole team about my wild night. “It’s just going to be you and me at brunch, right?”

“If you don’t get up, I’ll start inviting other people.”

“No!” I throw off the comforter. “Fine. I’m getting up.”

__________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...