Friday, April 2, 2021

The Nerd Jock Conundrum (College Boys of New Haven #1) by Hayden Hall

 


Amazon Link   - Available in KU  





A chemistry nerd should know opposites always attract.

Troy
Of course I fell for a football jock. How could I not? But Jackson and I are polar opposites. He’s popular, confident, and as hot as hell in a tight T-shirt. Me? I’m just a scrawny, awkward nerd.

Another point of difference: he’s straight.

And as I trip, stumble, and stammer my way through all our conversations, my desire is growing at an alarming rate. I keep wondering what he looks like when he’s on his knees.

As if my crush on him isn’t bad enough, Jackson is assigned to be my partner on a year-long project, and I have no choice but to spend time with the hottest guy on campus. Bummer.

But the attraction is intensifying. We’re on a collision course. I shouldn’t be leaning in…

I think I’m going to kiss him.

Jackson

Sweet. I got partnered up with the biggest nerd on campus. If I play my cards well, a passing grade is guaranteed.

Troy’s all shy and awkward; a classic nerd. But there’s more to him than he’s showing. And it’s making me curious.

I want to see him come out of his shell. I know he would be better off if he let his guard down. I want to be his friend, but he thinks I’m just another dumb jock. Except, I see him looking at me the way I could never look at him.

Am I sending the wrong message? Is he falling for me?

He’s leaning in fast… He’s about to kiss me.

And I’m not even ducking.

The Nerd Jock Conundrum is the first book in the College Boys of New Haven series, but it can be read on its own. It features a fresh twist on the nerd jock trope, opposites attract, bisexual awakening, enemies to friends to lovers, and a very happy ending.
 




My Rating - 4 Stars!

The Nerd Jock Conundrum is a fun college romance. The first book in Hayden Hall's College Boys of New Haven, it's a good start to what looks to be a great series. 

Troy and Jackson are complete opposites. Troy's a quiet nerd, while Jackson's a popular football player. Troy's a skinny little freshman. Jackson's a strong twenty four year old senior. Troy has the brains. Jackson has the social skills.

They make for a fun dynamic. 

The sexual awakening aspect is prominent in this tale, as Jackson has never been attracted to a guy before. But his attraction to the nerdy Troy leads to some steamy sexual exploration, including first times and a fun sex toy moment. 

The closeted/coming out issue is a large part of this story, as Troy struggles to accept his sexuality. He's never told anyone that he's gay, so suddenly coming out isn't an option for him. 

Their story is full of attraction, lust, and steamy moments. I adore that their friendship isn't based on Jackson's popularity, but is rather based on their connection. 

Their story is 
cute, sweet, and hot. There are some twists and turns that keep things interesting. Both men are lovable and have me wanting to hug them. I love that they both help the other to accept themselves and be open and honest. And most importantly, free. 

And damn, I love the way the author explores the fluidity of sexuality. Well done. 

Overall, I enjoy the writing style a lot. Written in alternating first person pov, it's easy to get to know both men well. That said, there are definitely too many "he said"s for my liking. That's just a pet peeve of mine that has turned me off of finishing a lot of books. Luckily it isn't overwhelming throughout, although it's definitely there. 

The Nerd Jock Conundrum is a fun little college romance. I enjoy the journey Hayden Hall takes these men on, and I adore the ending. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...