Saturday, October 10, 2020

Taming Dante (Dante's Infernal #1) by Joel Abernathy



Amazon Link  - Available in KU
Goodreads Link





Keeping up the rock star image ain’t easy, but someone’s gotta show these fakers how it’s done.

Hotel-room-trashing tantrums?

Check.

Daddy issues galore?

Check.

Glitz, glamour and general debauchery?

I wrote the f**king book.

I’m a textbook bad boy rockstar cliche, and I’ve never claimed to be anything else.

Hell, I own it.

At least, I did, until he came along: Mr. Self-Righteous who acts more like a priest than a drummer. Now he’s my bodyguard and the guy in charge of making sure I don’t OD before the tour ends.

Oh, right. I also have a crazy stalker who’s been obsessed with me since I was a kid. So that’s fun.

It doesn’t take long to figure out Cash is more of a danger than any freak with a shrine of me in his closet, and he’s way harder to shake. He’s managed to convince our band manager (AKA, the crappiest father ever) that he’s the only one who can protect me from my stalker and my own vices.

Cash thinks I’m stuck with him while he forces me to get clean, but what starts out as a Daddy/boy roleplay meant to freak him out turns into so much more than a game.

For the first time ever, I don’t know who’s going to win, but I’m not going down without a fight.

-

My new job is a nightmare.

The name of that nightmare? Dante Jung, lead singer of the world-famous band Dante’s Infernal, living trainwreck, and all-around brat.

His manager hired me to be the new drummer for Dante’s Infernal--since the singer has run everyone else off--and his undercover bodyguard.

The only problem is, I’m pretty sure Dante is more of a threat to himself than even his obsessed stalker. He drinks hard, parties harder, and he’s never turned down a lovesick groupie.

And there are a lot of those.

Dante is a brash, selfish, narcissistic douchebag. And he’s also a brilliant, devoted and passionate musician who can be unexpectedly vulnerable at times.

When he asks me to be his “Daddy” for the month we’re stuck together, I’m shocked, but not for the reasons he thinks.

Taming Dante is going to be one hell of a challenge, but he will break before I ever back down, no matter how undisciplined he is now.

He doesn’t know what he’s in for, but he’s about to learn.
 





My Rating - 5 Stars!

Taming Dante is an awesome rocker romance that definitely hits on the messed up part of fame. The first book in Joel Abernathy's Dante's Infernal series, it is fabulous. 

From the first page, this one grabbed my attention and I couldn't put it down. Dante's a famous rock star who's drug addiction has him hitting rock bottom. Enter Cash, a bodyguard sent to save him. 

With Cash taking control of Dante, trying to rehab him and turn his life around, the fun starts. That's right, ends up that Daddy play/age play helps tame the man. 

Their tale is hot, as well as emotional. I love seeing the lines blurb and absolutely love the steamy sex scenes. For me though, my favorite is the age play, as that is my guilty pleasure in romances. 

This is a story with a controlling, vile father/manager. Drake is the perfect evil character, and my heart hurt for Dante. It's a story with plenty of danger, with a stalker running loose, and I enjoyed it all. 

Taming Dante is a thrilling mix of action, danger, romance, and emotion. Joel Abernathy had me obsessed throughout and I
love the ending. Every single thing about this book worked for me. I can't wait to see what happens next in the series. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...