Monday, October 26, 2020

The Happy List (Better With You #1) by Briar Prescott



Amazon Link - Available in KU
Goodreads Link



Gray
There are some things I excel at:
- Exercising rigid control over every aspect of my life
- Making sensible decisions at every turn
- Being organized, predictable and responsible to an abnormal degree
In short, I’m boring as hell and in desperate need of a change.
Luckily I have my best friend by my side and a newly written to-do list to guide my way through the murky waters of finding happiness.
It’s all very promising at first, but as weeks pass, I start to realize that the best part of my day has always been Kai.
And when I see him out on a date with some guy?
Let’s just say I’m definitely not happy about it.

Kai
I’m back in Boston after ten years of traveling, and I’ve fulfilled all my goals:
- See the world
- Figure out what to do with my life
- Get over my impossible crush on Gray
Check, check and check.
Life’s good until I accidentally find Gray’s happy list, which contains some very interesting things that friends never ever do with each other.
And as weeks pass, it becomes clear those not-so-innocent parts are the ones Gray is determined to explore with me.
In short, I’m screwed because no matter how hard I try, I can’t resist him, and pretty soon I'm forced to admit that I’m not as done with my crush as I thought I was...
 




My Rating - 5 Stars!


Briar Prescott's The Happy List is the first book in the Better With You series. And I love it all!

Gray and Kai's story is completely feel-good and sweet, full of delightful snark and banter. 

It all starts with an unwanted proposal, as Grey runs out on his now ex-girlfriend. Luckily for him, his best friend Kai is there to help him get away. 

Both men have some issues to deal with in their lives. Gray's a workaholic, who doesn't take any time to smell the roses. His need for control is going to put him in an early grave. And his life is a never ending cycle of boredom. And Kai's returning home after years away, hoping to get over his long time crush on his best friend. 

I love these men. As friends. And as lovers. Their bromance is awesome, but their romance is even better.

Their story is wonderful, as things slowly develop into more for the men. But the best is Gray's sexual awakening. The man seriously has no clue. My favorite line is "Wake up and smell the feelings, Gray, because you've caught some." This sums up Gray perfectly. 

But it's more than a sexual awakening for the man. Gray also has a long journey towards figuring out what he wants from life in general. His dealings with his brother are well done, with lots of frustration, anger, and more.

As for the title, well, that sums up what ultimately brings the men together. Gray creates a "Happy List" of things to do to break his dull routine. Kai is there to help him along the way, and things don't go the way either man expect.

In the end, this is a story of Gray and his life awakening. It's his journey of figuring out that life can be good, happy, and not boring at all. Basically, if you're looking for character growth, you will enjoy Gray's tale. 

Written in alternating 1st person pov, both men fully come alive, and their storyline is delightful. The emotions are plentiful for these men and I couldn't have asked for more. 

The Happy List is a fantastic tale of sexual awakening. And oh dear god, the ending is perfect. This Briar Prescott book is well worth a read the next time you're in the mood for a sweet friends to lovers romance. I'm excited to see what happens next in the series. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...