Saturday, October 31, 2020

Collaring Chaz (Dante's Infernal #2) by Joel Abernathy

 



Amazon Link - Available in KU
Goodreads Link




Chaz

Rafael is the best friend-with-benefits a guy could ask for, but I had to go and screw it all up by falling in love.


Everyone gets sick of me eventually. My birth parents, the endless conveyor belt of foster homes, even the band that became my family.

Why should Raf be any different?

When he wants to take our friendship to the next level by welcoming me into his world of collars and pet names that make me feel wanted and cherished, I know it can’t be permanent.

No matter what he says, there’s no way someone like him could actually want me forever. But I’m going to enjoy pretending for as long as it lasts.


Rafael

I spent so long pining after my best friend, I didn’t even realize the perfect guy was right under my nose.


Chaz is an adorkable goofball who’s kept a band full of hotheads from melting down on numerous occasions, and he and I are perfectly in sync in and out of the bedroom.

Turns out, he’s also a natural submissive who just might be the pup I’ve always wanted, if I can convince him this thing between us is meant to last forever, and not just be a one-hit wonder.

Collaring Chaz is a surprisingly sweet M/M rock star romance loaded with angst, band drama, contractual pup play, a cinnamon roll MC struggling with mental health and addiction, and a dominant rock god who saves him.




My Rating - 4.5 Stars!

I was elated to get a chance to review Joel Abernathy's Collaring Chaz. I am thrilled to once again get to spend time with the messed up men of Dante's Infernal. The second book in the series, I would highly suggest reading Taming Dante first.

Chaz and Rafe have one hell of a complicated and messy relationship. Best friends since they were young, Chaz is hopelessly in love with Raf, and they've been friends with benefits for a while. So complicated indeed. And in all the band drama, Chaz's meltdowns, managerial hell, and things just get messier.

This book will have your emotions running all over the place, smiling one moment, and wanting to scream the next. Chaz is way too easygoing, always trying to please everyone. It's frustrating and hard to read. Chaz is so damn easy to love but he's also a god damn mess. Hell, I wanted to protect him and love him myself. Luckily he had Raf to fufill that role in the end. But good god, it's much harder to love Raf. He's just aggressive and forceful, with needs that Chaz can't meet, yet in the end he's protective and loving. 

If you enjoy Puppy play, this is a must read. The author not only adds in puppy play, but takes Chaz through the exploration and education of what puppy play is and how it can help him. It's wonderfully written and emotional as can be. 

Of course, there's also some great banter and humor. There's one particular sex scene that left me chuckling. Omg, I am still laughing thinking about the phone call. 

There is one thing I didn't like though. I was surprised at the end with Chaz's discovery. It was suddenly thrown out there, making me question if I had missed something. I would have definitely preferred more discussion on his condition. 

Collaring Chaz is a fantastic addition to the Dante's Infernal series. Joel Abernathy has created a fabulously messy world and these extremely chaotic characters who continue to keep me intrigued and riveted. These men are absolutely addicting and I can't wait to get more of this band. If you're in the mood for messy and angsty, this is your read.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...