Friday, October 23, 2020

Topping the Jock (A Blue Harbor Romance Book 1) by Jaclyn Osborn


 

Amazon Link - Available in KU
Goodreads Link



For years, he’s been on top. Now, it’s my turn.

Here’s the thing.
I’ve hated Montgomery Adams since freshmen year of high school when he stole my clothes from my gym locker, leaving me in nothing but a towel. Oh, and it didn’t stop there. He teased me, threw wads of paper at my head, and booed me when I raised my hand to answer questions in class.

I thought I finally escaped him after graduation. He went off to play college ball, and I became a teacher. But ten years later, Monty comes back to town. Even worse? He’s the new football coach at the same school as me.

He’s just as irritating as I remember, an annoying meathead jock with too much muscle and a smirk I want to smack off his too-perfect face. I don’t care that he’s hotter than ever or that he says he’s changed. I’m not falling for it.

If he thinks he can waltz in and take over the school like he did when we were teenagers, he has another thing coming.


Warning: this book is nothing but fluff, steam, banter, and features two men who pretend to be enemies yet sneak kisses whenever possible. Don’t read if you hate lighthearted romance and nerd/jock tropes. No angst. Just two adorable dorks falling in love.




My Rating - 5 Stars!


Topping the Jock is a delicious enemies to lovers romance by Jaclyn Osborn. I seriously adore this book. Everything about it is downright fun and had me consumed throughout.

Monty's a former jock who bullied Quinn back in high school. And when I say bully, I mean the type of bullying that made his life miserable. Sometimes it hard to bring enemies around to lovers in a realistic manner, but the author does just this. 

The two men are now both teachers at their former school, slowly forming a truce, understanding and friendship. The attraction and sexual relationship develop naturally, as the walls slowly come down. 

I love the way everything develops for these men. They make for a great couple and their storyline is full of regrets, character growth, and forgiveness. And damn, they are hot together, including a sizzling fleshjack scene.

There's plenty of emotional moments, as well as some family issues. I appreciate the theme that people change and forgiving one for their former behavior is okay. Basically, Monty knows he was ass, he knows what he did to Quinn is wrong, and he needs Quinn to accept this and forgive him. For Quinn to do so doesn't make him a victim or wimp, which is wonderful. 

Written in alternating 1st person pov, the writing style had me hooked immediately. Add in two fantastic characters and a delightful storyline, it kept me riveted throughout. There's also some great humor to keep me smiling, especially the nut allergy jokes. "You have a nut allergy. So be careful." 

Topping the Jock is an easy, sweet, feel-good romance. I love stories like this Jaclyn Osborn gem. The first book in the A Blue Harbor Romance series, I am excited to see what happens next. But until then, this one is going on the re-read list.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...