Friday, October 9, 2020

Strung Tight (The Road To Rocktoberfest Book 1) by Ann Lister

 


Amazon Link - Available in KU
Goodreads Link





- Bisexual Discovery
- First Love
- Rockstar / Roadie
- Stage fright / Anxiety
- Low Angst / HEA

What’s better than having your rock idol, Dagger Drummond be the mentor for your band? Having your band selected as one of the performing acts at the iconic music festival, Rocktoberfest.

My band was about to step onto our first professional stage. We’d more than earned our spot in the lineup. We had the talent and Dagger groomed our stage swagger. All that was left was to wow the socks off of the audience.

It should be easy, except I had major anxiety issues and it’s frowned upon when lead singers collapse on stage from panic attacks. Another detail adding to my anxiety level, I recently fell in love with a man. Imagine that, a straight guy falling for a dude. It’s the stuff stories are made of – and yet it’s my life.

Rocktoberfest was supposed to be fun but our trip turned sour when my guy went AWOL. Now my concentration is shot and my is heart heavy thinking his absence might have more to do with him not wanting to be with me than missing the bus. One way or another, I had to give the performance of my career – regardless of what was going on inside my head or my heart.

Strung Tight is the 1st book in the multi-author Road To Rocktoberfest series. Each book can be read as a standalone, but why not stay and enjoy the whole show? If you like scorching tales of hot rock stars and the men who love them, then you’ll adore the untamed musicians of Rocktoberfest!



My Rating - 4.5 Stars!

If you like rocker romances, you are probably as excited about The Road to Rocktoberfest series as I am. The first book in this multi-author series is Strung Tight by Ann Lister. 

I love Ann's Rock Gods series, and this one is a great addition to her rocker world. It has Dagger and Ryan. 'Nuf said!

Dallas and Fletch are a wonderful couple. I truly love their relationship, including their first meeting. The two just mesh well and are able to confide in one another in a sweet manner. 

It took me a little while to care for Dallas, but when I did, I love the connection he has with Fletch. Poor Fletch and his anxiety of playing in front of large crowds is well illustrated, with the reader able to feel his pain. 

In addition to Fletch's stage fright, there is angst with Dallas' issues with his father. I don't want to give anything away, but there is one intense moment of angst that had my heart hurting. 

I love the author's writing style, with characters who fully come alive and a storyline that kept me riveted. I love the men and their journey. If you're a fan of Ann's writing, you will love this book. And of course she gifts us with some Dagger, ohhh...it's so much fun seeing Dagger and Ryan a lot. They made me absolutely giddy to spend time with them again. 

We also get to meet plenty of new characters who I am excited to read more of in the future. Mike. I love Mike and can't wait for him to find love. I haven't looked ahead, but I assume we'll be seeing him and the others in the rest of the series. 

Overall, Strung Tight is a fantastic start to The Road To Rocktoberfest series. And now I am excited to read the rest of this multi-author series. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...