Monday, February 22, 2021

Consuming Redemption: Love in the North by J.S. Grey

 



Amazon Link - Available in KU
Goodreads Link





Tyler:

Apparently time heals all wounds. Whoever came up with that saying obviously didn't go to school with Lukas Ford. After i made a stupid schoolboy error, Lukas Ford made it his mission to make me wish that i was never born. How can the one person who makes my life a daily living hell be the same person i can't stop wanting. I want to regret the day i first laid eyes on Lukas. I just need to bide my time and get the hell out of this high school.

Lukas:

After a life changing tragedy irrecoverably altered the lives of me and my family, I was left with no other decision to hide who I am to protect those i loved from coming to harm again. High school, is over, yet here i am years later haunted by the man whose face haunts my dreams. I messed up big time in high school, not this time though. One way or another, I am going to make Tyler Dane mine.





My Rating - 5+ Stars!


Consuming Redemption: Love in the North  is an all-consuming, gut wrenching love story by JS Grey.

From Lucas' first day at school, Tyler gets off on the wrong foot with him. Now, fours years later, he's still bullied and hated, while Lucas is the popular guy. 

Oh Tyler. He's someone I want to hug and protect from the start. The only gay guy in school, he stands no chance against Lucas and his friends. It's awful to see what he has to endure each day. 

But then there's Lucas, who's living a lie, as the closeted jock. He secretly enjoys his interactions with Tyler, but can't let his defenses down. 

What a tough read. Fast forward and the two men meet again. Damn, these two ooze chemistry. They are seriously amazing together. Even once they're together, things aren't easy. I cried. I bawled. But damn I love these men and know they aren't perfect. But, omg. The ups and downs killed me.

It's not always easy to redeem a former bully, but the author does just that. And does it well. Learning about Lucas's past had be bawling for the man. Good god, I wasn't ready for that. 

Some people are publicly bullied while others are bullied in private. Both kinds of bullying leave a person forever changed. And damn, the author powerfully illustrates this.

Good god, the only consolation I have is that people's experiences make them who they are. Had these two not suffered so much, they might have never gotten to a place of loving each other. Yes, I know, they aren't real people. But don't yell at me. Blame the author for creating such lovable and realistic characters. And, yes, that is one of the greatest compliments one can give to an author. Let alone a new author.

Written in present tense, it isn't my preferred writing style. But other than the tense, I enjoy the rest of the writing. It's written in alternating povs, bringing both men fully alive. It's amazing. Absolutely amazing. 

Consuming Redemption is one hell of a love story. I can't recommend this JS Grey book enough. Be sure to put some time aside for this one, because you won't want to put it down. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...