Thursday, February 4, 2021

Boyfriend Freeze by DJ Jamison

 



Amazon Link   - Available in KU  





I've made a lot of mistakes, but you can't be one of them...

Dear Graham,
After crossing too many lines for my self-respect, I made a promise to myself: no hookups for sixty days.

But I didn't count on meeting you.

Who knew a smart, cardigan-wearing geek would be such temptation? You're all wrong for me, except you're also kind of exactly right.

So how do I keep my promise not to seduce the cute librarian and still get the perfect guy?

Maybe you know, because I don't...

Already yours,
Ollie

Boyfriend Freeze is set in the Love Notes universe but can be read as a standalone. Originally written as part of the Winter Wonderland promotion, it has been expanded by more than 20,000 words.




My Rating - 4.5 Stars!

DJ Jamison's Boyfriend Freeze is a compelling read. I love this story. The tone drew me in, taking me on a heartfelt journey.

It all starts with a New Year's resolution, as Ollie vows to not date or hook up for 60 days. So, of course, that's when he finds that someone special who might just be the man for him. Cue the dilemma. 

I adore these two men together. I love the way they get off on the wrong foot, but eventually get to be friends. As co-workers, the forced proximity helps them to get close and bring down one another's walls.

Graham is the sweetest. He's a geeky librarian who suffers from anxiety. His fear of public speaking makes me want to hug him. It took me a little while to like Ollie. He's just obnoxious and stupid at the start. His immaturity is all he shows at first. But, I love when we get to know the man under that immaturity. And it's fantastic the way he wants to be a better man, and Graham is happy to help.

The sex aspect is a ton of fun, as Ollie's a man slut, and Graham is not at all. They're hot together and I love the emotions involved. Their connection is strong, and each moment together just strengthens their bond. 

In the end, the resolution is well done and the way Ollie deals with it is perfect.

The age gap is a little weird with these two though. One's a  grad student and the other a freshman. Honestly, I'm surprised there isn't more angst about this. It's truly a large age gap at that point in life. But the two men handle it well and definitely seems like they can make it work in the long run. The two connect well and certainly help the other to be a better person.

Boyfriend Freeze is a tale of pushing oneself to be better. DJ Jamison delights in this tale that is ultimately full of character growth. In the end, it's way more than I was expecting and I love it all.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...