Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Tame Me (Rebel Mechanics, #2) by A.T. Brennan



Amazon Link   - Available in KU  





I’ve never felt like I fit in. Why would that change now that I’m in college?

Two years ago my best friend broke my heart and left me to pick up the pieces of my self-esteem. I swore I’d never let another person hurt me and shifted my focus to school and getting to where I want to be in the future. I have a job I enjoy, friends who understand me, and a family that loves me. Everything was going according to my plan, until I started to spend time with my housemate Drew.

Drew is everything I’ve always wanted but told myself I couldn’t have. He’s popular, a jock, and most importantly, straight. But the more time I spend with him, the more I realize that what he shows the world is just scratching the surface of who he really is. He’s so much more than I ever thought, and for reasons I can’t explain, he seems bound and determined to be my friend.

Friends. I can do that. Until Drew kisses me and my entire world is flipped upside down. I don’t want to lose the friendship we’ve forged, but I’ve been down this road before. Can we figure out a way to keep things platonic between us? Or am I going to lose another friend when whatever is between us eventually fades away?


***Tame Me is a steamy 83k word, opposites attract, hurt/comfort new adult story featuring a bisexual awakening, a sweet jock, a quirky nerd, some zany coworkers, and accidental feels. It is Book Two in the Rebel Mechanics series but can be read as a standalone.





My Rating - 5 Stars!

Tame Me is a wonderful jock/nerd romance by AT Brennan. The second book in the Rebel Mechanics series, it's easily read as a standalone. 

I love this book from the start. The tone is pleasant and easy to read. And the characters immediately had me intrigued. 

Good god, I love college romances. Add in roommates, sharing a house, jock versus nerd, and even better!

Lux and Drew are housemates, who don't know one another well. I adore these men and their story. It's beautiful the way they connect and the little things that bring them closer. 

Their tale is one of sexual exploration, as Drew is attracted to Lux. Not only has Drew never been with a guy before, this is the first time he's ever been attracted to one.  GFY? Bisexual? He isn't really sure. But he knows he wants Lux.

Both men have their complications. Drew has to deal with his new found sexuality, as well as his family issues. Drew's at the mercy of what his father wants him to do, both career wise and personally. And then there's Lux, who has to deal with trust issues, as he's been burnt in his past.

This is a story of a first time GFY/bisexual romance. It has plenty of sexual discovery and sexual exploration. There are first times and lots of fun times. And lace! You gotta love the lace!

It's a story that includes partying housemates, fantastic co-workers, and porch pirates. I enjoy all the humor throughout.

I love the way the author explores that everyone wears masks. Both men hide things from others, always acting the way they think they should. This is wonderfully discussed.

Even more, the author excels in illustrating the assumptions people make about one another. After all, we all know a bunch of jocks don't want anything to do with a nerd, right? I adore and appreciate this aspect of the story.

It's beautiful seeing both men find someone who loves them as they are, and only wants what's best for them. 

Written in alternating first person pov, the men fully come to life. The characters are charming, and they are perfect together. I love the way these two opposites balance one another. Of course, they're also pretty damn hot together.

Tame Me is a beautiful new adult romance. AT Brennan delights in this feel-good love story. I love every single moment of this book. Can't wait to see what happens next in this series. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...