Friday, September 11, 2020

Summer Rivals (Online, Book 3) by C.K. Blake



Amazon Link - Available in KU
Goodreads Link



VINCENT:

I’ve hated Landon ever since high school and after leaving my hometown, I never thought I'd see my biggest rival again.

Imagine how shocked I am when I bump into Landon a decade later. I guess some things don’t really change because we almost get into a fight after just one interaction.

I can't seem to get away from this former varsity jock. Fast forward a few months later, I end up at a destination wedding with him.

Sure, we’re at a gorgeous vineyard,

But staying in a room together? (Really?)
Having to share the same bed? (Uh-oh…)
With the guy I hate most in the world? (F*ck)

Now that we're older, can we set our differences aside and finally mend the past? Or will things never get better no matter how hard we try?

This may be the most unexpected summer ever, but I expect things to only get hotter from here.





My Rating - 4.5 Stars!


Summer Rivals is an enjoyable enemies to lovers romance. The third book in CK Blake's Online series, I am thrilled with this addition to the series. 

It's a fun story, with two stubborn men and their stubborn ways. As with the theme of the series, Vincent and Langdon get to know one another online before discovering they know each other. And damn, I love when they do make this discovery. 

For me, the story started out on the slow side, but once I felt a connection to the characters, everything picked up quickly. 

The way the men meet up in real life is entertaining and the way they still hate one another is delightful. The development into becoming friends is natural and well done. Hell, what's not to like about someone asking a hot man if he wants to have hate sex?

It's always fun when two people realize the reason they hated one another was because of their attraction. As teens, they naturally fought their attraction, never wanting to be out at the time. Now, years later, sexuality isn't an obstacle, but the two still need to balance their competitive ways. 

Their story is one of sexual awakening and a whole lot of sexy firsts. I love that Vincent realizes his attraction to Landon and works to overcome his issues. These two make for a great couple, definitely meshing well and offering some good growth to each other. 

I love the writing style in general and the author's writing of dialogue has definitely improved. There aren't as many instances of frequent "he said."s. Since I love the author's characters and  storylines, I am excited for this development. 

Summer Rivals is a delightful enemies to lovers story that's sweet and swoon-worthy. CK Blake definitely left me satisfied with this cute and feel good romance. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...