Friday, September 18, 2020

Blow Me (Dat Brass #1) by Mari Thorne

 


Goodreads Link  

Amazon 



Brady:

In high school, Aaron and I were the best trumpet players in band and practically inseparable. That was, until he kissed me at my graduation party and I freaked out, ran away, and didn’t come back for three years. Now I’m home, conflicted about my future, and determined to repair our broken friendship, though it seems he’ll never forgive me for hurting him.

Aaron:

Three years ago, I made a huge mistake. I kissed my friend at his graduation party. My very straight friend that I had a huge crush on. Because I couldn’t keep my lips to myself, he ran away and ghosted me. Oh well, his loss, right? Since then, I’ve moved on with my life, or so I thought.

Brady’s back in town, and I don't want anything to do with him. Then, he kisses me, leaving me reeling once again. But that doesn’t mean I plan on forgiving him. I didn’t think I’d find myself in a position to need his help, though. When he steps up to help my brass band out, he’s in my life again whether I want him there or not.

Blow Me is a 55,000 word friends-to-lovers novel about finding your soulmate through music, the unbreakable bond of high school band, forgiveness, and choosing what makes you happy. It features a bisexual awakening, humorous moments, steamy scenes, a small-town brass band, a pug named Petunia, and trumpets.





My Rating - 5 Stars!

Blow Me  is an amazing second chance romance. The first book in the Dat Brass series, I am delighted by this Mari Thorne book that explores forgiveness and trust. 

With a kiss years ago, and the fears and doubts that followed, Brady and Aaron have a troubled past. Now Brady's home and his life is in an upheaval. His parents want to find him a girlfriend, he wants to renew his relationship with his former best friend, and he just doesn't know where he's headed in life. 

Oh how I love and appreciate Brady and his struggles. He isn't just afraid to be with Aaron, he's desperately searching to discover who he really is and what he wants. In his own words, "I don't even know who the fuck I am, how can I know who I want to be with?"

But, good god, these two have some serious chemistry. Their friendship is an important foundation for them. I love that they overcame an age difference as a common interest brought them together as friends in high school. 

Written in alternating 1st person pov, every emotion is front and center. I love the writing style, the tone, and the pace. The author drew me in at the start and I was riveted throughout. I need more from this author!

As for the band aspect of the story, it's both unique and well done. The connection to music is truly felt and I enjoy the way it fits into the tale.

Blow Me is a fabulous, compelling GFY novel. Mari Thorne had me devouring this romance quickly. It's a perfect choice the next time you are looking for a sweet NA romance. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...