Monday, September 7, 2020

Awkward Love (Stumbling into Love #2) by Riley Hart

 


Amazon Link - Available in KU
Goodreads Link





Jameson
Being a twenty-two-year-old virgin was not on my list of life goals. I don't know how it happened. Well...I never date, dedicate all my time to college, and I'm awkward with a capital A around hot guys--okay, so I know exactly how it happened. When my best friends come up with a plan to make the most of this summer before grad school, I'm all for it. That's how I end up at a charity bachelor auction, bidding on a date I hope will help me toss this V-card out the window.

What could possibly go wrong?

Will
Life is good. I love my new job as PA to the owner of a major production company. Being a prize in a charity auction and scoring the highest bid? Icing on the cake. Now I get to be the date of the most adorable, rambling, bow-tie-wearing grad student I've ever seen. Seriously, I can't be within ten feet of this guy without a smile on my face. When he slips that he's looking for a summer fling to experiment with, I'm game. Jameson is so different from anyone I've hooked up with before, so completely himself, I'm immediately smitten.

Oh, and did I mention we find out he's my boss's son?

Between keeping our fling-turned-relationship a secret from his dad and another little familial bombshell that gets dropped in our laps, I'm quickly learning that love is a whole lot more complicated than I thought.
 





My Rating - 5  Stars!

Riley Hart's Awkward Love is a riveting romance. The second book in the Stumbling into Love series, it's easily read as a standalone. And, oh god, I love it all!

This book is classic Riley Hart. The characters have complex backgrounds, with all the layers exposed over time. 

Good god, I love Jameson. His nerd side is fantastically displayed, bow ties and all. Damn, the cover model is perfect to represent him. He is as different as can be from his family and it has left him with some serious baggage. 

And then there's Will. I love the way he meets Jameson and how self assured he is, both in and out of bed. 

These two complement one another beautifully. The connection between the two is strong, and each man excels in bringing out the best in the other. 

Their story has some important secondary characters, who contribute greatly to the family dynamics and issues. There are racial issues, as they are an interracial couple. Some of the statements about this had me in tears. There's the conflict that Will works for Jameson's father.  

Overall, Awkward Love is a heartfelt tale. This Riley Hart book consumed me throughout, leaving me in tears, both happy and sad. Basically, a reader can't go wrong with this book. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...