Friday, December 6, 2019

Your Wish by Raleigh Ruebins







Blurb


Chances of a guy like him wanting a nerd like me? Zero point zero zero six percent. Approximately.

Charlie:
Computers have always made more sense than people do. But I fall asleep next to my laptop in bed every night, wishing I had someone warm to hold. When I was forced to attend a holiday work party, I was a nervous wreck, but determined to make a good impression.

Then Dean Aldridge showed up just in time to find me breaking the rules, complete with whiskey dripping down my chin. And he was one million times hotter in person than in the magazines. I was an awkward mess. Dean was cocky, flirty, and every bit the playboy I expected. I never thought he’d look twice at a guy like me, but now I know that Dean’s reputation for being hot as fire in bed is true.

When he finds out I’ll be alone for Christmas, he invites me to his family’s cabin. I can’t say no. I don’t have much experience, but I know his body is addictive. I can’t stop, even though I've never done this before. Small problem: I’m falling for him. Hard. And for once, this isn’t something I can hack my way out of.

Dean:
I don’t go for quiet, shy, awkward guys. I’m the life of the party, and I need someone on my level. Someone experienced like me.

So why do I want Charlie so badly?
Two words: Hot. Nerd.

It doesn’t take long before we collide in bed. On the floor, actually, because Charlie is way filthier than he seems. He’s more than just pure lust under all the awkward, though. He’s worked his way into my heart and head.

Once I’ve had a taste of him, I don’t want anyone else--even though I don’t do relationships. When I learn he'll be spending Christmas alone due to a broken family life, I can’t help but invite him to my family's cabin. He says he only needs me physically, but for the first time, I might be catching feelings.


Review 
My Rating - 4.5 Stars!


From the start, I was completely engrossed in Your Wish by Raleigh Ruebins. First of all, the opening scene is hysterical. That alone is worth picking up this book. 


Charlie and Dean are such opposites, yet they find each other not only attractive, but also charming. Charlie's so darn awkward and adorable that one can't help but to love him. Meanwhile, Dean's a rich playboy who's always in the news. In the past, he never cared about how his actions affected anyone,  but in Charlie he finds someone worth protecting.

I truly love, love, love this story! Along with navigating their feelings for each other, the reader is entertained with an ex and some blackmail. I love this story and I love these guys together. The emotions are high with this one, as you'll smile, laugh, get angry, and swoon. Don't miss out on this marvelous couple and their journey.


Your Wish is a spectacular story of finding a purpose in life. The author knows how to develop a wonderful story, but I continue to find some of the conversation scenes cringe worthy, with the repeated use of "he said." The strength of the story and the amazing characters make up for this negative though, but I still have to deduct half a star for this issue.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...