Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Stockings and Sugarplums (Hearts of Snow Lake #6.5) by Ashton Cade







Blurb

Phineas:

I’m not just attracted to Pastor Liam. I don’t only think he’s a great guy who I want to spend more time with. There’s more to it. Feelings I have never felt toward any guy, no matter how much I wished I would. As crazy as it sounds, Liam’s the total package. I didn’t even believe in this kind of nonsense before him, but I feel like he might be The One. 

Yeah, insane. I know. I never bought into that fairy tale, soul-mates bullsh!t before, but there’s this indescribable tug to be nearer to Liam, to get to know him better, that has never existed for me. What else could it be? Just one little problem with that though: I’m almost positive Liam’s not gay. He's a pastor, for crying out loud.

When push comes to shove in Liam's life, I start to understand exactly why the ministry is a calling for him. He can’t help himself. Self-preservation isn’t even part of the equation when there’s someone hurting and in need. That is what makes him so special. Not only has he made me believe in love, but he's also rekindling my faith in humanity. He's just so... good.



Liam:

Phineas has this air of sophistication and experience about him that I could never aspire to. He’s way out of my league. But he has me completely wrapped around his finger. 

I haven’t dated a lot, mostly because of my own awkwardness about the whole religious thing. Looking for a boyfriend in seminary seemed hopeless, and once I became a pastor, that made me undateable to a lot of the gay community. I’m attracted to him, that much is plain as day, but it’s more than that. It’s the way he looks at me, the way he jumps to help me whenever he’s got the chance. That’s not something I’ve ever really had before. And it's something I really need now that I'm juggling not only my ministry and my mother, but also a huge, new life-change that has fallen into my lap just in time for Christmas.

I need a man I can count on, who loves me. Could Phineas Molleni be the answer to my prayers?

Stockings and Sugarplums is a special holiday novella in the Hearts of Snow Lake series. It builds on the Thanksgiving book, Gravy and Gratitude. Happy Holidays from Ashton Cade and the town of Snow Lake!



Review 
My Rating - 4 Stars!


Stockings and Sugarplums is a quick paced, fast holiday romance by Aston Cade. This adorable story is part of the Hearts of Snow Lake series.

This is a great story, Liam, the new pastor, and Phineas fall in love. With just 113 pages, there isn't a whole lot to their storyline, but there are definitely some strong emotional moments.

The author once again creates a delighful read with great, fluid writing. The characters are both strong and interesting. The theme of found family is strong, and they find a homeless teen who perfectly adds to this storyline.

Liam and Phineas are so darn perfect together. Stockings and Sugarplums is a fun insta-love read that is perfect when you're in the mood for a sweet, fluffy romance. And if you haven't yet met the characters of the small town of Snow Lake, go back and start with Motorcycles and Macarons. You won't regret it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...