Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Love's Unexpected Gift by Toby Wise







Blurb

Pining after your best friend and roommate is all fine and dandy until you’re faced with tragedy. Then it kinda loses its appeal.

It’s always been me, Hayden, Jeff, and Tristen for as long as I can remember. The four of us against the world. But now that Jeff and Tristen are gone, I can’t help but think about all of life’s ‘what if’s’. Could I risk it all at a shot at love? ~Matt

Jeff and Tristen named us their daughter’s guardians if anything should happen to them. Matt and I have gone from two alphas who live together to a family of three. We love Emma like our own, but my heart longs for more. When I offer to help Matt with his rut, boundaries lose meaning and I fall even harder. What will it take for me to find the courage to tell him my true feelings? ~Hayden 

This 26k omegaverse story is a standalone about two alphas finding love in the midst of loss. It’s filled with best friends becoming lovers, only one bed, adopted family, and more pining than a Christmas tree farm. Love’s Unexpected Gift contains knotty fun and therefore is intended for those 18 and older.


Review 
My Rating - 5 Stars!

Love's Unexpected Gift is an amazingly feel-good romance by Toby Wise. 

This is the story of two alphas who are best friends but secretly love one another. Hayden and Matt are now charged with raising their goddaughter, and together they all find more than they could have ever expected. 

I love this story. Both men are fantastic characters, both as friends and as lovers. They are amazing with their goddaughter, Emma, who happens to be as  adorable as possible. 

Despite it's short length, there is plenty to love about this book. Not only is the romance superb, the exploration of loss and healing is extremely well done. It's not the main focus on the storyline, but it is the driving force and continues to be in the background throughout.

Wow, I just love this superb tale. Love's Unexpected Gift is a beautiful story of finding love through loss. This Toby Wise read is a tender and romantic gem. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...