Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Stethoscopes and Spirits (Hearts of Snow Lake #6) by Ashton Cade







Blurb

Jasper:

Simon's off-limits. Off-limits in so many ways I can’t even keep track of them all. And I think he’s oblivious to how much I want him. 

At least I hope he is. I’ve been trying to keep it to myself, trying not to cause any issues with my job or his internship at my clinic. It’s the kind of thing that could be a lot of trouble for us both, and not just because his dad, one of my closest friends, would have my head and lock him in a closet for safekeeping.

Simon might be cute, he might be charming and good at his job, but he’s not worth losing focus for. 

Nothing is.

So we make some bad decisions. Call it casual.

I’m not supposed to be feeling above-the-belt things for Simon Blunt. I’m especially not supposed to be feeling this wild need to claim and protect him.

Simon:

I don’t know how I’m going to deal with this crush that’s still alive and well after all these years. At first I figured it was just a stupid kid thing and when I saw Dr. Twill again I’d have easily outgrown it.

Of course that didn’t happen.

Shadowing him, seeing how he interacts with people, how much he cares about his work, I know this isn’t the same horny teenage crush I had a decade ago.

Jasper’s an older man, a doctor, former military, insanely fit. Who wouldn’t have a crush in those circumstances? But with us, there’s an extra level--the history, the nostalgia… the wrongness. I know my dad would flip his lid if anything happened between me and Jasper. 

But... is that enough of a reason to stay away?

Review 
My Rating - 4.5 Stars!

The sixth book in Ashton Cade's Heart of Snow Lake series, Stethoscopes and Spirits, is a great age gap romance.

At almost twice Simon's age, Jasper can't help but to fall for his friend's son. 

In town for an intership with Jasper, Simon discovers he's still attracted to his father's friend, the handsome older doctor. What follows is a relationship full of doubts, fears, and a whole lot of sexy times. Seriously, I love the conflict involved with falling for each other. That's always an aspect I enjoy in a romance, and the author does a god job with this one, without it being too angsty.

It's a good, passionate romance that also happens to have a stalker storyline. And damn, it's intense, as the guy is completely unhinged. It's also a relationship with a time limit, hot chemistry, and sizzling scenes.

The only flaw is the ending seems forced and wraps up a little too quickly. 

I absolutely love this series, and Stethoscopes and Spirits is a perfect addition to it. I highly recommend this series to anyone looking for a small town romance. And with this book, it's one of my favorites so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...