Saturday, July 27, 2019

Heart from Home (Individualists #3) by C.S. Joyce








Blurb

What could be more complicated than being in the closet and sleeping with your sexy, older, Uncle-in-law? Falling in love with him. That’s what.

Aidan

I’m a virgin. Okay, not a virgin, but I’ve never slept with a man. Because I’m not gay. Well, that’s not exactly true either, but it doesn’t matter. I’ve made my choice to live this way and I’m not about to change.

A week of sun, sea and good food sounded like a nice distraction from the dreariness of my life, even if it was for my sister’s wedding. And it would have been fine if the groom’s sexy-as-hell Uncle hadn’t shown up and turned my world upside down. Now I’m facing the biggest decision ever: do I keep hiding or give in to temptation…

Robert

Ever see something and think to yourself, ‘that needs to be mine’? Well that’s what happened the minute I laid eyes on the young, gorgeous Irishman at my nephew’s wedding. The only problem is he’s in the closet. Oh, and about to be related to me.

Maybe I should just leave Aidan alone, but what if he’d let me help him discover what he’s been missing? Surely, there’s no harm in that. All I have to do is not get attached to him. That’d be easy, right?


Heart from Home is book #2 in the Individualists series. This series is Age Gap MM, and each book can be read as a standalone. 


Review 
My Rating - 5 Stars!


CS Joyce's Heart From Home is a beautiful tale of two men who are both barely living; two men who aren't living authentically. The third book in the Individualist series, it's easily read as a standalone. 

I love Robert and Aidan's story. Meeting at a family wedding, these two share a spark. But Aidan's firmly locked in his self imposed closet with no thought of every coming out. Robert, meanwhile, is merely existing, instead of chasing his dreams and embracing his potential. With both men scared and not living the lives they want, together they can challenge and encourage each other. 

This is a wonderful story of a young man struggling with his sexuality. He struggles to admit he's gay to others, but more importantly, to himself. It's an amazing story of an older man struggling with his life, unable to take chances. It's full of fear, denials, and cowardliness. 

It's beautiful seeing the growth in both men as they learn to live together. It's not an easy road, but it's well worth all the pain and heartache.

Their story involves an age gap, which leads to some great humorous moments. Seriously, it's just an amazingly sweet story. 

I love the writing style from the start. It's wonderful, as these two men instantly worm their way into my heart. I enjoy the way they meet and everything that follows. The side characters are important to the story, as well as entertaining. 

I highly recommend Heart From Home when you're looking for an emotional coming out story. Both gripping and compelling, it's a wonderful read that's an important reminder that living authentically and chasing your dreams can lead to a better life. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...