Friday, July 5, 2019

Balance by K.A. Sands








Blurb

I should have died the day my world imploded around me. Instead, I was delivered into the hands of Will Grady; the first time I met ‘the one that got away.’ A schoolboy error by my hand had him running from my life before I could destroy his too.

The second time we met, he was wrapped around the body of another man, lips locked. No kind words were forthcoming, and I let him walk away, scared to follow.

Third time was a charm and my turn to repay a kindness. When lust came out to play - I couldn’t resist. But I didn’t have the means to give him what he needed, and when he walked away again, I deemed it was for the best.

The fourth time I met Will Grady, he looked as good then as he ever did, even if I thought he was a figment of my imagination. When he found me again, he was still beyond my grasp. But something changed; I was no longer willing to let the man who had held my attention all these years, walk away another time. Chance meetings were not an option.

I held on with both hands, almost losing the one thing I loved most, because without Will, life didn’t bear thinking about. Could I balance what I had with what I wanted and come out the other end on solid ground? There was nowhere to run. I wanted him, he wanted me. But could he love the half-broken man I’d become?
I was ready to hand over my heart. Would he take it, or finally break it?

Only one way to find out…


Review 
My Rating - 5 Stars!


KA Sand's Balance is a phenomenal story packed with bad timing. This amazing story of Grant and Will's romance took me on a long, emotional journey.

Meeting in a hospital Will, a nurse, sees something special in the wounded Grant. It doesn't take long for him to give into acting inappropriately, starting these two men on a long journey towards love.   

Will and Grant's love story is many years in the making. Repeated missed opportunities and complications, and always each other's "one that got away," these two doesn't need just a second chance, but rather a lifetime of chances. To say their journey is problematic is an understatement. Always separated by heavy issues, the reader is repeatedly gutted as can be. Always unable to provide what the other needs at the time, their reasons for being apart are realistic and painful.


Grant suffers from PTSD and had a leg amputated, so his burdens are many. If these are a trigger for a reader, note that the story does not focus on these issues, but rather just works around them. 

Their story includes abuse and control by an ex that is heart-wrenching. It includes breath play that some may like and some may not. But most relevant, their story includes pain, hurt, broken hearts, and more. These men have been though so much;a happy ending is exactly what they deserve. 

KA Sands is an extraordinary writer. The writing is wonderfully done, with intriguing, interesting, and complex characters. But most impressive is the ability to perfect the time jumps. Some authors may struggle with this technique, but KA Sands excels at appropriate and seamless time jumps. 

Balance is a beautiful story of repeated wrong timing between two men who are each struggling with finding themselves as well as struggling to find a way to be together. Both riveting and compelling, I cannot recommend this extraordinary book enough!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...