Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Ready For Love by Van Cole







Blurb

Sometimes An Old Friend Can Be More Than Just A Friend

I returned from the war with scars that run deeper than my flesh.
Tormented by memories of the past I wonder if I’ll ever be able to become the man I used to be, or if I’m always destined to be this shell that returned from the foreign country, broken and battered and defeated.
There seems to be little hope for improvement until I receive a surprising call from my old best friend, Clint.
We lost touch a while ago as life took its hold on us, but as we reconnect, I start to remember why he was such a good friend.
He’s the only one who can get me to talk about my emotions, and as I open up to him, I start to feel something else.
Something unfamiliar…something a little scary, but very exciting.
Maybe, just maybe, we can save each other. 


Review 
My Rating - 3.5 Stars!


Always intrigued by a first time gay romance, I was doubly intrigued by Van Cole's Ready For Love, as it's also a military romance. 

Focusing on PTSD from the army, this is a story of survival and accepting that your life is worth living. I definitely enjoy the insight into what ex-military men have to deal with when they return home.

Bobby's always been into girls, but suddenly can't stop thinking about Clint. What follows is a tale of sexual confusion. Clint's lost his lover Jason in the service. Having been friends with Bobby for a long time, he suddenly find them connecting more than ever; first as close friends, and then as more.

Theirs is a story of finding the courage to resolve problems and the strength to face homophobia.

Ready For Love's a short, fast friends to lovers tale. Throughout I found it to be nothing spectacular, but rather a decent GFY romance. In the end, as these two broken people find love together, I actually liked it more. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...