Friday, March 15, 2019

Uncomplicated (Inked Book 2) by K.M. Neuhold








Blurb

Two men with a rocky history, and one with an all-consuming love for both of them.

Sometimes I’m so lonely I swear I can’t breathe. I bring men and women into my bed to chase away the ache, but it never seems to help. I want something real, something lasting, but I’ve never been more afraid of anything in my life. If I have nothing else in my life I can count on, at least I have my best friend, Cas. If I have nothing else in my life that feels solid, at least I have Cas.

Until one sad smile from a beautiful man tilts my world on its axis.

But Finn is Cas’ ex, and that means he’s off limits, right? What if I could have something permanent, if I’m willing to put my heart on the line? Finn and Cas may have a history, but something tells me the three of us could have a future, if we’re willing to let things get a little complicated.


Review 
My Rating -  5 Stars!

KM Neuhold's Uncomplicated is spectacular. Damn! Once again, this author brings so much love and beauty to this series and has me completely spellbound by this cast of characters. I already love their world that surrounds around Heathens Ink, but these three have a special place in my heart now, as they are extraordinary together. From the very start, I found myself completely engrossed in the lives.

Beau and Cas are roommates and best friends, as well as fuck buddies. They've long been in love with each other, but haven't been able to admit their feelings. When Beau meets Finn, he suddenly finds someone who makes him feel less lonely when Cas is gone. He finds himself living, and missing Cas less.

As usual, the author manages to draw me into every scene, every moment, every feeling, and every emotion. The writing is stellar, as I felt every bit of their insecurities, doubts, and fears, as well as the regret and guilt. Her writing style is accomplished and somehow just keeps getting better and better. She's created likeable and complex characters, who love intensely and love whole-heartedly. The character development is written in an expert manner, and the pace is perfect. As for the storyline, well, it's phenomenal.  

It's a beautiful tale of broken hearts and second chances that will bring out all the emotions.

There are so many things I love about this book. Cas and Beau's initial relationship is so damn intense, despite it being open. Of course, they are both afraid to commit, but Cas's reasons of knowing Beau needs someone when he's not there is an amazing and tender sacrifice.

Oh, how I love Cas. He's such a standup man who loves deeply and thoroughly. And Beau. He wears his love for Cas on his sleeves, but he struggles to commit to more. When Cas is away, he drowns in the loneliness and fear. And Finn. Oh, how I love Finn. Everything about him is appealing. His past is heartbreaking, and his loneliness is extreme.

The three together gift each man with everything they need. It's a beautiful and emotional culmination of want, need, and love. As for the sex scenes, wow, just wow! The author crafts intensely emotional scenes that will leave you fully invested. The emotions that are brought out during these scenes are exquisite. Personally, my favorite sex scenes are always the emotional ones, and this book has that in spades. 

Of course, figuring out how to work out being a throuple is not easy sailing. If it was, it probably wouldn't be so realistic. I love the varied needs of each man, and their varied strengths. They compliment and balance one another perfectly. 

Overall, this is a tale of fear, guilt, and regret. It's a tale of forgiveness, understanding, and acceptance. It's a tale of hope, second chances, and the creation of a strong and equal menage. 

Thank you KM Neuhold for this story. Uncomplicated is pure beauty, and took me on an amazing emotional ride. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...