Sunday, March 24, 2019

Quarterback Sneak (Sugar Land Saints #1) by Baylin Crow








Blurb

The boundaries of our friendship are tested and lines are crossed.

RUSH: I’m in love with my best friend.

There wasn’t an exact moment when I fell for him. It was something that grew and evolved over time. He loves me back, but it’ll never be more than platonic. It can’t be because he’s straight.

Then one night he kissed me and left me with more questions than answers. The very next morning my trust was shattered by a family secret. I’d been lied to my whole life. He was by my side through it all, offering support when I needed it most.

How can I risk losing a friendship that held me together when I was falling apart?

TORIN: He friend-zoned me.

Four years ago, I gathered enough courage to kiss my best friend. What I’d hoped would be a pivotal moment that would start a new kind of relationship between us was over before it began. His world was upended, so I put my feelings aside and stepped back into my role as a friend he could count on.

He wasn’t ready then, but now it’s time to find out if he’s willing to take a chance on us being something more.

We’ve been friends, roommates and teammates, but I want him, body and heart.

Quarterback Sneak is a low angst, high steam novella about childhood friends, trust and football.


Review 
My Rating - 4 Stars!



As I'm a sucker for athletes falling in love, I really enjoyed Quarterback Sneak by Baylin Crow. As an added bonus, the athlete in question doesn't just fall in love; he falls in love with his best friend.

Rush is bisexual and has secretly been in love with his former best friend, Toren. The two were childhood best friends and college roommates. Their story is fast and short, glossing over a lot of details, but it still manages to weave a wonderful romance. 

I love these two guys. Rush's struggle with just being friends is realistic, and Toren's sexual awakening is well done. Their love is one that stems from having  lifetime of knowing each other, and being completely loyal to one another.

Quarterback Sneak is a fun sports romance. Baylin Crow rushes this story, adding in only a little depth, but it's still an enjoyable story. It definitely had me gripped, and delighted in their emotional journey towards love.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...