Friday, March 22, 2019

The Secret (Love in O'Leary #3) by May Archer








Blurb

𝗠𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗵
Constantine Ross is a cocky, provoking little...𝑦𝑒𝑎ℎ.
And I swear, I’d think that even if his family’s business wasn’t my biggest competition.
It’s time someone taught the man a lesson or two about life.
At least that’s what I tell myself when I offer him a job.
Call it my good deed for the year… maybe the century.

But now he’s in my shop.
In my space.
In my every damn thought.
In. My. Bed.

And how the hell am I supposed to resist him?

𝗖𝗼𝗻𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗲
I’ll be the first to admit I’ve royally screwed up, but what can I say?
I was a stupid teen who lost his dad and spiraled out of control.
Almost a decade later, I’m still trying to make amends.
The last thing I need is my family’s arch-nemesis wading into my life like he’s got all the answers.
Except… I really need money, and the arrogant jerk offered me a job.

I can deal with Micah’s attitude.
My attraction to him? That’s different.
He’s my boss, not my boyfriend.
And he’s way too old for me.
But 𝘎𝘰𝘥, he’s gorgeous.
Dominant.
Compelling.

I don’t 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 to want him…
But I can’t turn away.


Review 
My Rating - 5 Stars!

Wow! May Archer has left me impressed yet again, with her third book in the Love In O'Leary series, The Secret.

This enemies to lovers tale is a wonderful combination of small town charm, family rivalry, and an age gap. The age gap is super fun, written with a whole lot of genuineness and nurturing. 

Micah and Constantine are competitors, as Constantine's mother is Micah's business rival. Con's issues with his family are so damn realistic and sad, as it's such a burden to try to meet someone's expectations for your life.

I enjoy the exploration of things not always being as them seem. Micah himself is a dichotomy, both brash and bold, yet helpful and caring. Meanwhile, Con is far more than his troubled past or being just his mother's son.


This is a story of finding a lover that helps you soar, instead of continuing to be pushed around, and told your ideas aren't worthy. It's a story of moving on from one's checkered past and realizing your own self-worth. Their relationship deals with homophobia, a controlling parent, and sneaking around. And of course, some amazing sex.

Dear God, I love Micah and how deeply he loves, and how much he'll sacrifice for his love. It's beautiful, romantic, intense and awe-inspiring. I fell for him early on and absolutely adore him. With Con, they make a perfect couple that bring out all the feels. The changes in their relationship as they get to know each other is phenomenal. I am in awe of the level of trust and love they reach. 


The author excels with the setting, as the small town charm is perfectly done. If you enjoy small town series, make sure you read the Love In O'Leary books. They will not disappoint.

The Secret's a captivating tale of learning about your enemies and finding out they're actually worth knowing. May Archer is terrific in this romance of falling for your business rival's son and learning how to stand up for one's self. It's downright fabulous as it explores hope, trust, and most importantly love. Don't miss out on this gem!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...