Thursday, February 7, 2019

Trusting in You (In You #2) by Sammi Cee







Blurb

Chuck ~ I’m blah blah blah Chuck. I may have the job I love, but everything else about my life is… well, boring. I don’t hook-up; I don’t do drugs; I don’t over-drink; I play by the rules. And the man of my dreams is unattainable. He’s gorgeous, stoic, and calls me Chuckles. He’ll never see me as anything but the kid he’s known since I was in high school.

Nathaniel ~ I’m happy with the life I have, but my past is something I’m not proud of. I do my best to protect those I care about with leverage only I have. That still doesn’t mean I’m good enough for someone as pure as Chuck. I see the way he looks at me, and if things were different… but they’re not.

What happens when one man’s get-out-of-trouble free card is no longer enough? Will he run like he has in the past or will he trust the person he admires most? Can a man who’s never seen a bit of trouble a day in his life devise a plan clever enough to save the life of the man he’s always loved?



Review 
My Rating - 4 Stars!

Sammi Cee's Trusting In You, the second book in the In You series, is a whole lot of fun. Reading the first book, Mixed Up In You, is definitely suggested.

It's a quick story of two men who secretly are attracted to one another, but struggle to do anything about it.

Chuck and Nathaniel are complete opposites. One's a straight laced teacher, while the other has lived a dangerous and reckless life, doing whatever it takes to provide for himself.

One of my favorite parts is Nathaniel refusal to let Chuck look down on himself. Another is the hot hook-up that changes everything. Personally, I enjoyed this scene, not just for the heat factor, but for the reason it happens.

Trusting In You is an enjoyable story of realizing that it's time to put one's past behind them and start looking at the future. Sammi Cee delivers this tale with just 88 pages. It has a fast pace, good character development despite the length of the book, some action, and some steamy moments. Overall, it is a tender and meaningful story that's a satisfying read.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...