Friday, February 22, 2019

Pop Life (Pop Life #1) by Ryan Loveless







Blurb

Andrew writes the songs that everyone sings along with on the radio--tunes full of love, longing, and heartbreak. He has a knack for tapping into the world's emotions, but when it comes to his own life, the feelings aren't so easy to handle.

Sent to New York City to work on a lead singer's first solo album, Andrew finds himself caught in the middle of a boyband's in-fighting and secret love affairs while battling the memories of his last trip to the Big Apple, which ended in divorce.

Yet his heart leaps when he discovers he's staying at the same hotel as Jamie Webster, the worldwide sensation who once drunkenly kissed him at an awards show. As the troubled popstar clings to Andrew for help, Andrew must ask himself a hard question: Can I save this man, or will he pull me down with him?


Review 
My Rating - 4 Stars!

Ryan Loveless' Pop Life is a tough one to review. I have a love/dislike relationship with it.

Overall, I love the guys and the storyline. My problem tends to be with the writing, as I found it jumpy and disconnected at times. I found myself confused  All in all though, things make sense in the end. And, again, I love the characters and the story.

Jamie, oh sweet Jamie. To the world, he doesn't show his sweet side, as he's stuck in the role of bad guy. Underneath it all, you'll cry at his anxiety attacks, and the fact he can't sleep alone, thus barely sleeps. Jamie has secrets that haunt him and he's weighed down with guilt.

This is only Drew's second time meeting Jamie, and he's thrown into a world of secrets, cheating, jealousy and hiding. He's forced to deal with a bunch of rockers who are facing their share of problems.

Drew's attraction to Jamie is intense and never waving. Often, I wanted to yell at him to stop taking shit from people. But, in the end, he's loyal in his passion and connection to Jamie.

As Drew tries to start something with Jamie, there are many things standing in their way; Jamie's past, his silence, an ex, and habit. Jamie struggles to outrun his ghosts, but Drew in fierce in his desire to help the man. There are plenty of times, I wanted to yell and scream at Jamie, but all in all, I found myself wanting to save him.

This story is full of ups and downs and will keep you on a rollercoaster of emotions and will definitely keep you intrigued. There are plenty of antagonists in this story. You'll find yourself livid at Jeff and Paeder often. Jeff is a complete sleezebag and Paeder's an ass. As with any group of famous people, they have their share of selfishness and hurtful behavior.

This tale is raw, tough, and tackles fears and insecurities. It includes forgiveness, strength, and courage.

If you like rocker romances, consider checking out Pop Life. It's not my favorite, but I still enjoyed it a lot, am glad to have read it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...