Saturday, May 19, 2018

Salvation by Alison Hendricks




Amazon

I have read all of Alison's sports books, but this was the first time I read a non-sports book of hers.
Because of that, I was not sure what to expect going into it.

I was pleasantly surprised that I really enjoyed it, despite the different types of characters / storyline.
That's just a good author, I guess.

In Salvation, Avery and Warren end up meeting when they go off in search of a missing boy.
These two never expected to find love during the search.

Both men have experienced a life that has not been very kind to them.
Warren is a man with a wounded heart, who lives alone in the mountains.
Avery is a journalist who is determined to find the missing boy.  No one else seems to care, but he won't give up hope.
When he gets a tip and heads off to instigate it, he meets Warren.
Warren thinks that Avery is crazy, but still go off and helps him look.
Avery sees how lonely and broken Warren is and really wants to help him out too.
He wants to give him a second chance.
Warren is hesitant to let Avery in due to the heartbreaks of his past.  He knows that once the search is over, Avery will be gone and he'll be alone again.

As I said before, I really did enjoy this book.
I liked the characters.
I liked their backgrounds and the journey they had taken to get to this point in their lives.
Warren and Avery have a good chemistry and their relationship is sweet, despite the troubles.
And towards the end, I was blown away by how nice, understanding, and compassionate Warren is.
I also loved Ian, the missing boy, and his boyfriend.
I was hooked from the very beginning and was completely engrossed in the mystery and the developments of the relationship.

I am so glad I tried this book and I am now anxiously awaiting the next book in the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...