Monday, May 21, 2018

Face The Music by K.M. Neuhold




BLURB

When I left the love of my life asleep in my bed ten years ago without a backward glance, I never thought I’d get another chance.

I thought there was only one thing I needed to make me happy. I was so sure becoming a rock star would heal the dark corners inside me. But every time I walk onto the stage, with a roaring crowd screaming my name, all I can think about is the boy I left behind. All I want to do is rewind and make a different choice. I’ve sang a hundred songs about love and loss, and Jace has been at the center of it all.

The last place I ever expected to run into him again is the cabin in the woods where we first fell in love. I’d do anything for a second chance, but will he ever trust me again?

***Face the Music is the first book in the Replay series. Each book in the series will focus on a different band member getting a second chance at love. Each book can be read as a stand-alone. This book contains descriptions of self-harm, suicidal thoughts, and sexy times.



REVIEW

Wow!  I can't explain how much I love this book.  Face The Music is just a fantastic romance, and I am anxiously waiting for the next in this new Replay series by K.M. Neuhold!

Lincoln grows up dreaming of becoming a rock star.  And he works hard to achieve this dream.  He just doesn't realize how much he will regret this choice. It never offers him the happiest he was hoping to find. Instead, he finds himself barely living and wishing that he wasn't.  

Jace is the man Lincoln leaves behind. Their love is strong and is supposed to last forever. Instead, Lincoln leaves him without a word and he has not seen him in 10 years. In that time, Jace marries a woman for whom he never felt any real passion. Not in the way that he does for Lincoln.

When the two innocently run into each other again, Lincoln knows that this is his second chance. He isn't going to let Jace go, ever again. As much as Jace knows that he still loves Lincoln, he can't trust him right away. Lincoln will have to work hard to earn his trust again.

This story is filled with so much - regret, self-harm, sacrifices, taking chances and intense romance.

Lincoln and Jace complete each other. Both need the other in order to truly live. The road for them to be together is not going to be an easy one though. They need to deal with Lincoln's self-harming and his depression. And Jace needs to decide if he can deal with the fame that follows Lincoln. They also have to deal with the fact that Jace lives in Seattle, while Lincoln tours the world.

I cannot praise Face the Music enough! The love between both men is just beautiful. The issues that they have to deal with are handled with such honesty and raw emotion. While reading this, you will cry, you will smile and you will be heart-broken. It is not an easy read, but I could not put it down.  

I am so happy to have found a new MM Rock series. I don't know when the next book will be out, but I cannot wait to read it.  

For fellow lovers of MM Rock series, I will say that this is up there with my favs - The Rock Gods by Ann Lister, The Rock Series by Sandrine Gasp-Dion, and The Souls of the Knight by Nicola Haken. If you loved those series, do not miss out on this Replay series by KM Neuhold. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...