Monday, March 29, 2021

Spotlight (Famous #2) by Eden Finley

 


Amazon Link - Available in KU 
Goodreads Link





Ryder

When I quit the biggest boy band on the planet, I was supposed to get my life back.

It’s not that I wanted to leave the spotlight. I felt like I had to for my daughter. Her picture shouldn’t be splashed all over the tabloids.

I thought I could do this parenting thing on my own, but it’s obvious I need help. I just didn’t expect to find it in the form of a gorgeous guy I meet by chance.

I can put my attraction aside for my daughter’s sake. I’ve put my whole life on hold for her.

If only he wasn’t so tempting.


Lyric

Working as a nanny is my backup to my backup plan. My first plan is fame, but something always holds me back.

When I randomly run into Ryder Kennedy and end up becoming his daughter’s nanny, I figure it’ll be a short-term thing.

But then Ryder finds out I can sing. He wasn’t ready to give up music, and now he’s found a new way to have it: through me. He wants to produce my demo and make me a star.

He says I was born to be in the spotlight, but I think I was born to run from it.

It doesn’t help that each day I’m with him and his daughter, the deeper I fall into fantasies of being part of their family. And not just as the nanny.
 





My Rating - 5 Stars!

Spotlight is the second book in Eden Finley's Famous series. It's easily read as a standalone, but I highly suggest reading Pop Star also. Even if you haven't read it yet, you will want to after this. 

I love everything about this story. The men are fabulous together, with fun banter, quick wit, and tons of sexual tension. 

And, wow, Riley is amazing. I love how dedicated to his daughter he is. And the kids. Omg. Kaylee and Chase are funny, precocious, and sweet as can be. I adore every moment with them. 

Kalyee's mom is a well kept secret, yet, when we do meet her, she's lovable and a great part of the story. I appreciate her part in their lives. 

From hesitating to getting involved, to fooling around, to spending as much time alone as possible, to more. Love it all!

As far as the fame and music career is concerned, it's a large part of the story. Lyric is talented, and knows he can have a career with his music, but he's stubborn and wants to do it his own way. Seriously, Lyric has a lot of pain and issues surrounding his father's career. And Ryder is dedicated one hundred percent to his daughter, doing all he can to keep her from the public eye. 

The obstacles they face are natural, and the men are perfect for each other. I enjoy every single moment of their story. 

The writing is amazing. Everything about this series is just perfect. The characters are well developed and intriguing. The storyline is entertaining and well executed. Written in alternating first person pov, both men fully come to life, with all their feelings and motivations well understood. 

Spotlight is an amazing read. I love everything about this Eden Finley book and series. And now I anxiously await the third book!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...