Thursday, March 18, 2021

Adler's Hart (Brigs Ferry Bay #2.5) by Misty Walker

 


Amazon Link - Available in KU 
Goodreads Link





I’m a loner.
Never getting too comfortable or allowing anyone to get too close.
So when I log onto the hook-up app on my last night in Ketchikan, Alaska,
I assume it’ll be a quick lay before I go south for the winter.
Until I see the man who shows up at my door.
He’s young, wide-eyed, and perfect.

All I want is a one-night stand with no attachment,
I should've known things would be different with a man named Hart.
After the best night of my life, I’m desperate to run.
Except we’re snowed in.

I try to keep him at a distance.
But there’s something about him that has me opening up,
letting him in against my better judgement.

Suddenly I don’t want to be alone anymore.
I want to be with him.
My Hart.


*Adler’s Hart was originally a 15k word short story with a happy for now. This version (36k words) has been revised in order to give Adler and Hart their happy ever after.
*Adler’s Hart is book 2.5 in the Brigs Ferry Bay Series. Brigs Ferry Bay is a steamy MM romance series. While each book can be read as a standalone, to get the full experience, they’re best read in order. Enemies to lovers, hurt comfort, age-gap romance, and so much more. Fall in love with the charming small-town gay romances of Brigs Ferry Bay.








My Rating - 4.5 Stars!


Adler's Heart is a captivating novella by Misty Walker. It was previously released as a short story, but has now been expanded. As part of the Brigs Ferry Bay series, it's easily read as a standalone. 

First of all, I love the title and how perfect it is. The two men are Adler and Hart. Yes, it's true. I love it!

And they're fantastic together. They have a strong connection and a whirlwind romance that wonderfully leads to more. They're both absolutely loveable and their story is full of emotion and some great character growth.

Adler is a sympathetic character for sure. He's never had anyone love him before. He was kicked out of his house for being gay. Meeting Hart has him finding someone who loves him for the first time ever. It's touching and emotional. 

Oh, and yeah, the sex is hot!

The opposites attract aspect is certainly fun and well done. Not only are they in different parts of their lives, but their personalities are like night and day. One is gruff, closed off, and serious while the other is upbeat and open. 

The small town of  Brigs Ferry Bay is wonderfully developed. It's charming and sweet, and totally a place I'd love to visit. Yes, I'm crazy about Alaska. 

Their story has plenty of humor sprinkled throughout to keep things a little light despite the heavy aspects. 

Adler's Heart is a charming age gap romance. This Misty Walker read is sweet and tender, as they overcome some obstacles to be together. I adore this small town romance. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...