Thursday, March 4, 2021

Stoking the Fire (Salus Security #1) by Teodora Kostova

 



Amazon Link   - Available in KU  




"You hired my ex as my bodyguard?"

When Alec left NYC - left me - I was a broken mess. All my days blurred into a continuous haze of alcohol, parties, and meaningless hook-ups.
Until my sister nearly died in a car accident. Her recovery was the wake-up call I needed.
Now, three years later, I've cleaned up my act, sobered up, and finally became the son my father always wished I was - the heir of Van Dorf Media Group.
But being part of one of the most influential families in America has its disadvantages. Like fanatic supremacists trying to kill you.
My father's solution? Hire Alec Bonovich to protect me.
Doesn't matter that he's my ex.
Doesn't matter that just seeing him makes my pulse quicken.
Doesn't matter that he's the only man who's ever broken my heart.
Because Alec is the best.
And he’s the only one I trust to protect me when my life is in danger.


80,000 words.




My Rating - 4.5 Stars!

Stoking the Fire is a riveting bodyguard romance by Teodora Kostova. The first book in the Salus Security series, it's a wonderful second chance tale.

Zach and Alec's romance starts in an easy manner, with everything developing quickly. It had me wondering what was going on, as things seemed too easy. 

Other than Zach's anxiety, that is. Being from a famous family, he's in the public eye. And the non stop criticism is drowning him with panic attacks. It's hard to see happen. 

And then. Oh man, their separation is devastating. 

But after that, things fast forward a few years. Zach's reclaiming his life for himself. He's removed himself from the public eye and goes about mostly unrecognized now. And Alec is no where to be seen.

Until Alec is hired as Zach's bodyguard. Ouch! 

Once they're reunited, it isn't easy. There's a lot of unresolved feelings and plenty of things to say. They also have to deal with danger. Worst of all though are all the things Alec doesn't know about.

Good god, Alec is so good for Zach. He saw what social media did to Zach and he is the only one who can get through to him to take care of himself. 

This is a tale where Zach essentially can't trust anyone. Except his sister and Alec. And oh man, his sister's situation is heart wrenching.

It's full of twists and turns, both in their relationship and in the danger aspect. It's a political power hungry read with threats, blackmail, and attempted murder.

I love the author's writing style, as well as the depth of her characters and storylines. It's written in first person pov, which is my preference. 

Overall, Stoking the Fire is a great second chance romance. Teodora Kostova excels in combining these complicated men and their romance with a lot of danger and a large, ever looming mystery. I'm excited to see what comes next in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...