Friday, November 1, 2019

Husband Hunters by Rick R. Reed







Blurb

You never know where the love of your life might turn up.

When Matt Connelly suggests to his best buddy Cody Mook that they head to downtown Seattle to audition for the gay reality TV show Husband Hunters, both agree the experience might be a lark and a chance to grab their fifteen minutes of fame.

What they don't know is that the show, modeled after HGTV's House Hunters, will open doors of longing neither expected. For Matt, the secret love he has long harbored for Cody might be thrust into the spotlight. Cody might realize his search for his perfect-forever-man extends no farther than the man who's always been at his side.

Husband Hunters promises laughter, tears, and, just maybe, a happy ever after. Will Cody and Matt's story be one of best-friends-to-lovers -- or an outright disaster?

Review 
My Rating - 3.5 Stars!


Rick Reed's Husband Hunters is a re-release of his 2014 edition. I have mixed feelings about this friends to lovers tale.

Matt and Cody are two best friends. Cody ends up on a reality show looking for a husband after his friend Matt convinces him to sign up. What follows is an interesting turn of events as they go from friends to lovers. 

Since it's a matter of Matt secretly loving Cody, there's obviously some lack of communication along the way. Most of it doesn't bother me, but some of it really seemed too forced. So, sit back, dispend belief, and enjoy.

I love the original tension, and the genuineness of their friendship. As their story develops, their relationship is full of fear and hesitation, and obviously some confusion and manipulation.

Damn, I have a total love/hate relationship with this book. The first part is good, the middle was way too slow and boring, and the end is great. At times, I really wanted to put this book down and/or skipped ahead, but I am thrilled I didn't stop reading. There are times where I was so damn emotionally connected to the characters, finding their plight breath-taking.

Husband Hunters is an okay read. I love a lot of Rick Reed's books, but this one just didn't work as well for me as it is now. I enjoy that things took a while but that wait left me bored. I understand why Rick Reed wrote it this way, but it just didn't draw me in much. But the overall relationship is wonderful.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...