Friday, November 22, 2019

Six-Packs and Snowshoes (Hearts of Snow Lake #5) by Ashton Cade







Blurb

Max:

They say it happens when you stop looking.

The last thing I expected on this trip was to meet anyone, but now, Aspen is all I can think about. How his ears and neck flush when he’s embarrassed and how it highlights the dark freckles he has hiding here and there. How sexy he is, in this innocent way that makes me want to just ruin him. No matter how hard I try, I can’t turn it off. Even if he is my best friend's brother, and I know focusing on Aspen will ruin that friendship.

Sure, I tell myself that a true friend would never stand in the way of true love, but Grant needs me right now. I'm all he has.

I have to let someone down. I just didn't expect that person to be me.

Aspen:

I was already freaking out when I found out my brother, who I never even knew existed, was coming into town. Turns out my mom gave him up for adoption when she was fifteen, and it was only after she passed that I found her secret. But I got the shock of my life when Grant walked in with the sexiest man I've ever come across, his best friend Max—the brawniest of all Brawny Men. I want to bond with my brother, but it's hard when my head is full of fantasies of me defiling his best friend. Or his best friend defiling me.

Before I know it, Max and I are having clandestine meetings, secret rendezvous... but if I've learned anything from my mom's actions, it's secrets that drive people apart. Still, coming clean is going to ruin everything.

We're on a collision course, and I don't know how to turn this thing around.


Review 
My Rating - 4 Stars!


Sixpacks and Snowshoes is the fifth book in Ashton Cade's Hearts of Snow Lake series. 

Max
and Aspen meet when Max arrives in town with his best friend, who happens to be Aspen's newly discovered brother, Grant. What follows is a story of romance mixed with family tension. Friendships are tested. Attractions are explored. Decisions need to be made.

The attraction between Max and Aspen is hot as the two begin a friends-with-benefits arrangement. They make for a hot couple, but the sneaking around makes for some complications. I definitely enjoy them together.

The friendship issues in this one are well developed, as Max is torn between his attraction to Aspen and being loyal to his friend Grant. And the family issues are strong, as Aspen and Grant struggle to see eye to eye. 

Honestly, I didn't love Grant at all. He wasn't invested in getting to know Aspen, despite their estrangement not being Aspen's fault.

Their story also includes controlling parents, which is a difficult thing to read. Basically, strict parental control is at the root of this tale and I found myself wanting to yell at someone.


Sixpacks and Snowshoes is a good friends to lovers romance, as these two friends with benefits long for more. But the heart of the story revolves around choosing love or loyalty. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...