Monday, September 23, 2019

DAMON (Single Dads Club Book 1) by Candice Blake







Blurb

DAMON: As a forty-five-year-old single father, I never thought I’d ever have feelings for another man.
When my business partner invited me to a support group for single dads, I was hesitant to go because I didn’t think I needed any help raising my boy. Little did I know, I’d meet someone named Jesse, who’d change my life forever.

Jesse's a handsome twenty-one-year-old college student with a baby around the same age as my son. Since I'm so much older than Jesse, I feel the need to protect him. As we spend more time together, I begin to question my sexuality. What starts off as a friendship quickly develops into something much deeper. Yet, I find myself holding back because of our age gap and my recent divorce.

Will I ever get past these hurdles to finally fall in love with Jesse?

JESSE: Why am I falling for a straight guy who's old enough to be my father?
I live with my controlling father who tells me I’m not good enough and I can't be loved. When it’s been repeated so many times, I can’t help but believe all those things about myself.

When I meet Damon, a handsome and rugged CEO, I wonder if I’m drawn to him because he makes me feel safe...or if there's something more. Damon's everything I’m not; he's rich, successful, and much more experienced than me. Despite how different we are, the chemistry between us is undeniable.

I need Damon more than I’d like to admit—so will I ever overcome all these negative thoughts about myself to be able to fall in love with Damon?

Warning: DAMON contains explicit sexual content not suitable for anyone under the age of 18.
This series follows members of a single dads support group on their journey to find love. Each novel can be read as a standalone or as part of the series. 


Review 
My Rating - 5 Stars!


Damon is the first book in the Single Dads Club series by Candice Blake. I immediately fell in love with the tone, and the writing is soothing and smooth.

Jesse and Damon meet at the Single Dads support group. Jesse is a younger man, still in college, but he starts up a good friendship with Damon, who's more than twice his age. Once a friendship evolves, the feelings start to intensify. Soon Damon's questioning his first time interest in a man. Ends up that Jesse is doing the same.

Their story is a lot of fun, having me fall in love with both men early on.  Jesse and Damon just work perfectly together and it's sweet how well their babies get along also.

They are two men who have never been with a guy before, which leads to some super hot and sexy first times and exploration. Swoon. Their easy love of rimming, and public sex just adds to the spice. Did I mention rimming? Yeah, there's lots of rimming!

In addition to all the fun, they struggle with an alcoholic father, money issues, the differences in their bank accounts, and all that comes with falling in love and coming out. It's all well developed and will leave you fully invested in what happens.

Damon is a riveting double GFY romance, mixed with a May to December trope, as opposites attract. Candice Blake entertains with this story of vast economic differences and a young man who needs some help. God, I love Damon and Jesse! You will too.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...