Thursday, December 10, 2020

Reining in the Bad Boy: An MM Holiday Romance (The Men of River Gorge) by Jacki James

 


Amazon Link   - Available in KU
Goodreads Link





What kind of loser pretends to have a boyfriend?

Oh, yeah, that’s me, Landon Nichols. I’m the loser. In my defense, I didn’t actually make up a boyfriend. My mom just assumed I had one, and I figured if it made her feel better to think I had someone in my life, then what could it hurt? Nothing, right?

Until she decides I need to bring my pretend boyfriend home for Christmas. I don’t want to lie to my mom, but I don’t want to worry her either. I’m flat out of excuses and I have no idea what to do.

Then in walks Miller Monroe. Miller has a reputation as a bad boy, so imagine my surprise when he insists on going with me to see my family. But I’m a horrible liar, and I know I’ll never pull off a fake relationship.

His solution? We’ll date, just as friends, so I won’t be lying. For a guy who is supposed to be terrified of commitment, Miller is awfully committed to making this fake boyfriend thing work, and now I have a whole new problem…

What kind of loser falls for his fake boyfriend?





My Rating - 5 Stars!

Reining in the Bad Boy is a heart-warming holiday romance by Jacki James. Part of The Men of River Gorge series, it's easily read as a standalone. 

If you enjoy fake boyfriends, and friends to lovers, you will love this story. I absolutely love the way they go from friends to lovers. It's perfectly wonderful.

As for the men, Miller has always been a playboy, with a reputation of not being serious with men. Seeing Landon get to know the real Miller is fantastic, as he's full of doubts and discoveries, slowly learning about the real man behind the playboy lifestyle. 

I love the real Miller. Absolutely love him and how he is with Landon. And damn, these two are sexy together.

Written in alternating 1st person pov, everything about this story works for me. We get to know both men well, with their storyline just as precious as can be. Add in Landon's family and you get some great side characters as well.

Reining in the Bad Boy is sweet and tender. Jacki James left me delighted with this easy and fun read. I was sad to see it end. Basically, you need to read this the next time you're in the mood for a fun, light-hearted Christmas romance. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...