Sunday, December 27, 2020

Ranger by K.M. Neuhold & Nora Phoenix

 



Amazon Link   - Available in KU 





I’ve been living under storm clouds since my honorable discharge, but Julian’s the sun.

I’ve tried everything to deal with my PTSD from yoga to sunning my butthole, but nothing seemed to help.

So when my brother suggests a therapy dog, I figure I don’t have anything to lose. The last thing I expect is for the dog to come with a cheerful, quirky trainer I can’t get out of my head…

I’m too screwed up for love, but a chance to explore a side of myself I didn’t realize existed until recently is too good to pass up.

But the more I get to know Julian, the more I start to think I might not be beyond saving after all...

Ranger is a low angst standalone MM romance featuring a slightly grumpy veteran, a sunshiney animal trainer, an ornery goat, a deaf donkey, and some seriously hot encounters, resulting in a very happy ending. While Ranger was a side character in Heart (Ballsy Boys 3), his book is a stand alone and can be read on its own.
 





My Rating - 5 Stars!

Ranger is an amazing story. This KM Neuhold and Nora Phoenix read had me sucked in from the first page, keeping me consumed throughout.

Having met Ranger in the Ballsy Boys series, I'm excited to get his story now. And what a story!

Ranger has PTSD and is referred to get a therapy dog. Oh Benny! I love this beautiful dog who helps Ranger from the first moment they meet. I love Benny and all he does for Ranger. 

And then there's Julian, the dog trainer. I love the way things develop into a friendship, and then more. It's sweet and adorable. 

One of my favorite scenes is when Benny is horny. As the mom of a male dog, we have many of conversations in my house about his penis. So this part made me chuckle hard. (Pun intended.)


Overall, this is a tale of grief and healing. It's a beautiful story of finding a second chance at love. It also includes the unknown of gay sex and first times. 

And best of all, Ranger is Lucky's brother, giving us some new glimpses into his life with Heart and Mason, which is always fun. 

The PTSD elements are written with care and compassion. I definitely appreciate the way the authors handle this. 

Ranger is a fabulous read. I couldn't put this KM Neuhold and Nora Phoenix book down. Every moment was wonderful. I highly recommend this book the next time you want a feel-good read. You can't go wrong with this hurt/comfort romance. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...