Sunday, December 27, 2020

One More Shot: A Second Chance MM Romance by Hayden Hall



Amazon Link - Available in KU 
Goodreads Link





Not even time can heal these wounds.

Viktor is the hottest, most exciting guy I've ever met. The type of guy to make you his whole world. And I’m the bad guy for breaking his heart, but mine broke along with it.

He was the soul of my vacation then, and I've got deja vu now. All my instincts are telling me to resist him. But how do you resist the irresistible?

History has eyes on repeating itself. In two weeks, just like before, I'll be gone.

I can't let us do this.

Neither of us can survive another heartbreak. Future only holds more pain for us. We shouldn't... It's a bad idea... And the clock is ticking...

But we're already in love... Aren't we?

One More Shot is the first book of my One More Chance series and can be read on its own. It is a second chance MM romance with two adorable men who can't keep their hands off each other no matter the price, high levels of steam, and a HEA.
 




My Rating - 3.5 Stars!


One More Shot is a decent debut novel for Hayden Hall. It's a second chance romance set in Budapest.

I want to love this romance. The concept is wonderful and there is a lot I like about it. But I definitely struggled with some of the storyline. I think I also struggled with the setting. I wanted more of the atmosphere described and established, as I know nothing about Budapest.

The beginning and the end kept me invested. The middle got muddy for me, as it was more sex than emotion. I kept waiting for more of a connection,  but it isn't until the last third of the book that we get that. When the emotions did come out, I enjoyed them a lot. But I wish there had been more. 

And if you struggle with questionable cheating, as one is struggling to figure out what they truly want, avoid this one. It's definitely a large part of the storyline. 

I am impressed with the writing. A debut novel for Hayden Hall, everything is smooth and I enjoy the writing style. If only some of the storyline were different, I would be praising this one.  

Overall, One More Shot is an okay read. Hayden Hall puts a lot of emotion and pain into the last part of the story. If you enjoy stories of history repeating itself, you will enjoy this one. And if you enjoy stories where the circumstances, not actions, is what separates people, this one is for you. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...