Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Liam (Single Dads Club #2) by Candice Blake








Blurb


LIAM: Twenty-seven years have passed and I've been given a second chance.



I met Shawn Carter in my freshman year of college.

As roommates and teammates on the varsity basketball team, we quickly became inseparable.

But an incident happened in college tore us apart, and we haven't spoken in over two decades.

After many years, Shawn has unexpectedly come back into my life, and we're no longer naive teenagers. My ex-wife divorced me, and I'm now a single father to my six-month-old son. Shawn has achieved his dream to become a superstar athlete.

Now that Shawn's back in my life, I'm faced with an important decision:

Don't take back someone who's left me broken once already; or take a leap of faith and see what could've been.

SHAWN: We were best friends twenty-seven years ago...but what are we now?


I knew Liam Porter had a beautiful soul the moment I met him in college. But it took me all these years to realize just how much he means to me.

Now that I've become the top basketball player in the league, getting to know Liam intimately is near impossible. Cameras follow me around everywhere--my private life is nonexistent.

I've dated women my entire life...and no one--no one knows about the special connection I shared with Liam in college.

With the eyes of the whole world on me, everything is on the line. Do I risk it all for a second chance with Liam?

WARNING: THIS MM ROMANCE NOVEL CONTAINS EXPLICIT SEXUAL CONTENT WITH SEVERAL STEAMY SCENES THAT WILL LEAVE YOU BREATHLESS BY THE END. READER DISCRETION IS STRONGLY ADVISED.

Each novel in the Single Dads Club series can be read as a standalone or as part of the series.

Want to follow a single dad on his journey to find love?
Read this book now.



Review 
My Rating - 4.5 Stars!

Holy crap! I absolutely am in love with Candice Blake's Liam. From the beginning, I became completely engrossed in this second chance romance. 

This beautiful story begins with Liam and Damon going to see Shawn at his NBA game. Soon we learn that twenty seven years ago, Liam, Damon, and Shawn were college roommates. Fast forward to the present, and Liam's a single dad, while Shawn's a star in the NBA. What no one knows though is that Shawn's alone and unhappy.

Through flashbacks, we learn about their past and the way their relationship developed. They were always very touchy-feely and flirty, which is adorable to read. They're sweet and funny together, with some great first time moments.

Their college relationship and their developing romance is amazing, while the present distance between them is saddening. But it's all a worthwhile journey.


I love this story, but I continue to have problems with some of the writing. I hate the occasional moments of repeated "he said", "he said." This is a personal pet peeve of mine, as I prefer when authors use other expressions, internal thoughts, and descriptions to create a seamless dialogue. 

Liam is a riveting read between two middle aged men. I love the storyline, love the men and their issues throughout. If you are in the mood for a second chance romance, be sure to check out this Candice Blake read.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...