Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Here Without You (Cooper's Ridge #2) by J.J. Harper


Amazon Link - Available in KU ?????
Goodreads Link





Archer Hawkins and Mallory Halston literally run into each other and a true love story is born. Archer pursues Mallory with absolute determination making him fall hook, line, and sinker.

“I really would like to get to know you, Mallory.” His voice husky in my ear.
“I don’t think it’s a good idea, I’m sorry.” I’m already kicking myself for turning him down. “That’s okay, I’ll ask again tomorrow, and the day after, I’ll get you to say yes in the end.”

But just when they’re about to get everything they ever hoped tragedy strikes leaving Mal alone and adrift. Putting his past behind him Mal stumbles upon Cooper’s Ridge. Changing his name to Carter, he takes a chance, becoming a bartender at The Last Drop Inn, and embarking on a new life.

Local attorney, Dan Mortimer, has finally found and captured the heart of Cooper’s Ridge’s newest resident, Carter.

“I was coming in to see you, and maybe get you to agree to dinner with me. C’mon Carter it’s only dinner, I’m a nice guy I promise.”

But when Dan’s college friend comes to town to recuperate after a horrible car accident, it seems the most important men in his life may have something to answer for. And just how far will an evil, conniving, homophobic mother with a vendetta go to bring them all down?

This book can be read as a standalone
Here Without You is a gay ménage story with plenty of hot sex and strong language and is therefore suitable for readers aged 18 and over.





My Rating - 4.5 Stars!

Here Without You is the second book in Cooper's Ridge series. This JJ Harper book is a delightful menage romance. 

This one starts off fast, as in extremely fast, with Archer and Mallory moving in together faster than I expected. But, there's a reason for that, as this story isn't about their initial time together. 

I had mixed feelings about this one. It's tough to get emotionally invested in the relationships at first. All of the relationships. Each seems to just start with the sex, and later we get the emotional attachment.

But, in the end, I enjoy the story, the twists and turns, and the angst. As for the coincidences, they're over the top forced, but I'm able to overlook that. 

This is a story with a manipulative mother, a homophobic father, and some wonderful redemption. The author excels in gifting these men with character growth and helping them to heal. 

And damn, I love the three together. And the sex is amazingly hot. The three definitely make each other better people. Dan heals them and brings the others back together. It's beautiful.

Here Without You is a delightful menage. Ultimately, I enjoy this KK Harper read. It's messy and emotional, with a fabulous ending. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...