Thursday, October 21, 2021

Tempt Me (Rebel Mechanics #4) by A.T. Brennan

 



Amazon Link - Available in KU 
Goodreads Link





After a life of hiding, can I find the courage to be myself?

Being single, an introvert, and closeted has made my life lonely. The only bright parts are my coworkers at Rebel Mechanics and my volunteer work with a cat rescue.

In a moment of desperation, I sign up for a dating app, hoping to finally make a connection with someone. Despite me not exactly having stellar social skills, I find myself opening up to a virtual stranger in ways I never have before. What is happening here?

Then a new guy is hired at the garage, Jude. He’s funny, outgoing, and a genuinely nice person. He looks past my shyness and awkwardness, and for reasons I can’t understand, he wants to be friends. It feels like there’s something between us, but that can’t be. He’s straight, and to the outside world, so am I.

Then there’s SinBin7, the guy I’ve been chatting with online. He makes me want to take chances. To share all of myself with him, even though we’ve never met or seen each other’s faces. He feels familiar, like we’ve known each other forever. But then again, so does Jude.

How can I be drawn to two men at the same time? And more importantly: how do I choose?

Tempt Me is a steamy 89k word, grumpy/sunshine, hurt/comfort story featuring coworkers who start as friends, a found family, some scene-stealing cats, and all the feels. It is book four in the Rebel Mechanics series but can be read as a standalone.





My Rating - 4 Stars!

Tempt Me is the fourth book in the Rebel Mechanics series. This AT Brennan tale is a great addition to this world. 

Wes and Jude make for a great couple. Their story is compelling and I enjoy the character development. 

It's an opposites attract romance between the somewhat awkward Wes and his outgoing and lively coworker Jude. There's instant attraction but Wes won't let anything happen. 

This is a story where they become friends slowly in person, as well as online, without knowing it. I actually really enjoy the way this plays out. It doesn't have any of the looming doom or angst normally involved. But it's adorable that they are falling for each other in real life, as well as falling for someone else online. 

Both men are closeted, but for different reasons. They're both well developed, with their reasons for being closeted are fully explored. I enjoy the way things progress between them, and their chemistry is undeniable. 

The writing is great, as I've come to expect from this series. And I'm left impressed with the way the author explores the issues of both men. Everything is written and handled with care and compassion. 

Trust Me is a co-worker romance with some sweetness and heat. This AT Brennan tale kept me entertained throughout. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...