Sunday, November 22, 2020

No Good Mitchell by Riley Hart & Devon McCormack

 



Amazon Link  - Available in KU
Goodreads Link





BRODY

A night on the town after a long workweek at my family's distillery should include shots and dancing--not a hot kiss with a handsome stranger. I'm straight...at least, that's what I figured until I find myself locking lips with a sexy city boy. Now all my circuits are going haywire, and the spark that ignites between us makes me even more curious.

Unfortunately, I kissed the one man who's off-limits: Cohen Mitchell--the sole surviving heir to the Mitchell Creek distillery, a rival neighbor my family has feuded with for nearly a hundred years. Until he arrived in town, no one knew there were any Mitchells left. But the business-savvy city slicker has taken an interest in his legacy. Nothing means more to me than my family, so whether I like it or not, I have to keep my hands off the sexy, green-eyed beauty who Big Daddy has not-so-affectionately dubbed that "No Good Mitchell." Problem is: my hands have other plans...

COHEN

I never expected to inherit a distillery from a father I had never known. That's how I find myself in a tiny Georgia town where everyone knows a family history I've been kept in the dark about. The townsfolk all have a different story about my ancestors, with two things in common: illegal activity and Mitchell vs O'Ralley forever.

Maybe I shouldn't like Brody O'Ralley, but I didn't grow up with this stupid family feud. I enjoy touching him, kissing him and--oops--I'm falling for the man with sweet Southern charm and a big heart. Between the O'Ralley patriarch hating me, getting the Mitchell Creek distillery off the ground, and working through my own family issues, I know I should stay away from Brody.

But I won't, and staying away is not what he wants either. I crave all the time with my country boy as I can get, even if it's breaking the rules. After all, I am a No Good Mitchell.




My Rating - 5 Stars!


No Good Mitchell is a fantastic small town romance by Riley Hart and Devon McCormack. These two can do no wrong when working separately or together. 

It's hard to explain how damn wonderful this book is. This isn't just a romance. Not at all. Instead, it's a tale of family, heartache, wounds, and love. It's a story of things discovered as a result of love. Yes, love is the guiding factor, but it's all about the family dynamics through the years that make this tale so damn messy and addictive.

It's riveting from the start, as Cohen comes to town as the long lost Mitchell boy, aka the No Good Mitchell boy. He never knew his father, always assuming he wasn't loved. But upon returning to the land and business he inherited, his journey is full of discoveries and romance. 

The forbidden romance aspect is ever present. If his coming here wasn't complicated enough, Cohen's attraction to Brody just adds to the problems. He and Brody can't keep their hands off one another. But they also can't be together. Their families hate one another and have caused one another pain through the generations. Until Cohen and Brody meet. 

Their journey includes the family feud that's fueled by jealous, love, lies, and secrets. It's complicated with multi-layered issues and a whole lot of fear and problems. I find myself both impressed and fascinated by the layers upon layers of history that's unveiled. It's one hell of mess and Cohen has no idea how he fits into everything.

As for the romance, Cohen and Brody are great together, despite everything working against them. Both are just trying to do right, for both themselves and their family legacies. The make for a wonderful, heartfelt couple.

The small town aspect is evident throughout, with everyone knowing everyone else's business. I love that the men can't be seen together in town, unless they want everyone to gossip. That is small town at it's finest.

The secondary characters are plentiful, well developed, and constantly contributing to the storyline. There's lots of banter and gossip to be had. Big Daddy is one of their largest obstacles, but in the end, he is nothing that I expected. 

And then there's Isaac. His friendship with Cohen is a thing of beauty. He's always there for him, always supporting him, and ultimately finds some answers for himself. The ending is fabulous and had me cheering!

No Good Mitchell is an amazing tale. This Riley Hart and Devon McCormack collaboration is stellar with it's complexity and the emotional rollercoaster throughout. It's full of sweetness, guilt, and grief, all while keeping things low angst and charming. It's an amazing mix and I can't recommend it enough.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...