Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Bat Boy (Easton U Pirates #1) by Christina Lee

 



Amazon Link  - Available in KU
Goodreads Link





Brady Donovan

With a baseball scholarship to Easton University and awesome family and friends, my life is pretty golden. Except, things have never come together for me in the romance department. Until Kellan Crawford walks onto the field as the team’s newest bat boy. Bells and whistles go off in my body, and just like that, I’m totally crushing on a guy for the first time in my life. Too bad he’s the coach’s son and officially off-limits.

Kellan Crawford

I’m working toward my statistics degree, so landing the bat-boy position with the Easton U Pirates is right up my alley. It keeps me close to the action on the field, even if that means hauling equipment, picking up sweaty jockstraps, and putting up with the players’ antics. My dad’s the coach, and his number-one rule is never to play favorites…which probably includes getting too friendly with the team captain. But Brady Donovan’s annoyingly perfect smile and protective nature are making that nearly impossible.

When something shifts between us at an away game, everything is thrown off-kilter. Donovan’s never been with a guy before, and I certainly don’t want to be his test case. But I can’t seem to help myself. He’s sweet and hot and somehow charms the baseball pants right off me. If Coach ever catches wind of this, he’ll bench us both. Disappointing my dad might kill me, but so would losing the guy who makes my heart pound harder than a home run in the bottom of the ninth.

So much for not playing favorites.


*Bat Boy is a feel-good college baseball romance with swoon and banter and steam. It’s a tad shorter than my other full-length novels and is intended for those readers who might need a lighter escape from the real world.





My Rating - 5 Stars!

Bat Boy is a fabulous college baseball romance by Christina Lee. My favorite romances are those with athletes, and it's a college romance which just ups the fun for me. The first book in the Easton U Pirates series, I am excited for this book and it's certainly everything I was hoping it would be.

Seriously, I love this book! From the first page to the last, every second of this story is perfectly done. 

This is a tale with a player falling for the coach's son, so we get some forbidden romance from the start. Personally I am also a sucker for a good coach's son romance. In this one, Brady falls for Kellan who isn't only the coach's son, but also works with the team. 

As for the romance, it's a fantastic gay for you theme, as Brady is suddenly developing feelings for a man. What follows is his compelling story of sexual discovery and sexual exploration. Not only is he conflicted because of his fear of coming out, but he's also afraid of his coach's reaction.

I just love this book. There's so many tender moments between the two. Add in the banter and it's just amazingly fun.

And then there's Ricky, Brady's brother who has autism. Brady's relationship with Ricky is wonderful, but it's Kellan's relationship with Ricky that will totally melt your heart. 

Bat Boy is a sweet, fluffy, feel good romance. If you enjoy college sports romances, this Christina Lee book is a must read. My only complaint is that it ever had to end. Basically, thank you Christina for this story and I can't wait for the next book. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...