Monday, November 2, 2020

Blowing Smoke: A Small-town Firefighter Gay Romance (The Wilds Book 2) by Ashton Cade

 



Amazon Link - Available in KU
Goodreads Link



Sometimes even the strongest men need saving.

Hunter:

As an Alaskan smokejumper, I'm used to palling around with tough guys. My best friend Jared just became Chief of Police here in Gateway, and the whole town relies on him to keep them safe. I've realized I want to serve and protect him in an entirely different way. When he's forced to vacate his sick apartment building and takes the apartment on my property, we get close. When he's out taking care of Gateway's people in a snowstorm and his patrol car gets snowed under and he is struck with pneumonia, we get closer. I'm the one to come to his rescue.

Sure, he's the one who is unconscious, but Jared has become my fever-dream.

Can reality compare to the fantasy I have of us together, forever?
 



My Rating - 4 Stars!


Blowing Smoke is a riveting friends to lovers romance. The second book in The Wilds series, this Ashton Cade book is easily read as a standalone. 

I love friends to lovers romance, and this one is spectacular, as Jared and Hunter take tentative steps towards facing their new found feelings. 

The two have been friends with benefits for years. I enjoy the storyline that brings them closer. I definitely got annoyed with Jared's stubbornness and wanted to give him a quick kick in the ass though. 

Their tale includes a health issue, job issues, and family obligations. The men have a strong connection and I have no doubt they belong together. 

I definitely enjoy their budding relationship, but then, damn, when the action/danger hits, I was pulled into the scene with Jared. I felt every single thought. I felt every second of the cold. And the heat. I saw every thing he saw. Basically, the writing is all consuming at that point, completely impressing me.

Blowing Smoke is a nice romance that sucked me in from the start. I enjoyed this Ashton Cade read and am glad to have discovered it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...