Friday, November 13, 2020

Hair and Heart by Rhys Everly

 


Amazon Link - Available in KU





My life is like a prison.

I may be one of the world’s biggest popstars, but I live no fairy tale. 

Everything I do is controlled by my manager. It’s the only way I don’t hurt anyone again.
The only way to be free.

Until I meet him. 
Sandy Thorne. 
He comes into my life full of color, passion and snark, and despite irritating me to no end, he makes me believe in happy ever afters.

But can I trust myself? Can I trust that I won’t hurt him?

And what does it really mean to be free and happy?

Caution: Contains an oppressed popstar, a sassy color-blind stylist, a Christmas concert ball, and the color pink. So much pink!

Hair & Heart is part of the MM Fairy Tale Romance series. All books are completely standalone and are modern retellings of classic fairy tales with a gay romance twist.





My Rating - 4.5 Stars!


Hair and Heart is a modern retelling of Rapunzel. This Rhys Everly book captured my attention immediately with a rock star with a tough past. 

Ohhh...I just love this story. Making the trapped character a famous rock star works for me on multiple levels. It's great because it's unfortunately all too realistic to have a controlling manager. As well, it's over the top fun the way Val is controlled. It's seriously crazy, yet perfectly fitting of the Rapunzel theme. 

Val is perfectly lovable, though he's certainly misunderstood at the beginning. I love the way Sandy enters his life and helps save him. Everything about Sandy is wonderful!

And, omg, the pink hair and the song. I couldn't have loved this more. 

Their story includes a crazy ass cat who adds immensely to the story. There's also some strong secondary characters who are great and help out when necessary. 

The writing is fabulous, as it's sharp, witty, and humorous. The author excels in combining the fun with the serious. It's truly impressive. 

Hair and Heart is a fun new take on a classic fairytale. Rhys Everly provides a perfect escape with this one. Just read it and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...