Saturday, November 21, 2020

A Guy For Christmas by K.C. Wells

 








Dear Santa,
Please can you send me a guy for Christmas? Someone kind, good-looking, sweet… but who knows what he’s doing ? ( If you get my meaning ;-) ) You must know SO MANY people. Surely you can give someone a shove in my direction?
I’m serious here!
I need your help.
I’m eighteen and I’m a virgin.
That doesn’t sound bad, right?
Well, in my little town, most of the guys I went to school with are getting a lot of action. And bragging about it. They have their pick of girls.
Only thing is? I don’t want a girl. And gay or bi guys are pretty thin on the ground around here.
Hell, the only gay guy I know of for sure is my neighbor, Mr. Quentin, but he’s ‘ancient’. He has to be at least thirty. Not that he isn’t hot - don’t get me wrong, he’s smoking! He was the coolest teacher ever, but he’s not gonna be interested in a guy my age.
Anyway, Santa…. I know you’re kinda busy right now, but if you could spare a thought for my little problem, I’d be eternally grateful.

Thanks, Santa.

Robin

P.S. I know I made it sound like it’s all about popping my cherry, but a little Christmas romance would be great too. So no guys with snow where their hearts should be, okay? I want ALL the feelz.
P.P.S On second thoughts, make that a lot of romance. But be careful, okay, Santa? I want a guy who’ll steal my heart, not break it.




My Rating - 4.5 Stars!

A Guy For Christmas is a great holiday romance by KC Wells. And the title says it all, as Robin wants just that - a guy - not a boy. 

This is one of those books I wasn't sure about going into it. But, since the author is KC Wells, I assumed she'd handle it with care. And I was right! I'm not a huge fan of teacher/former student romances, but this one never felt icky. 

Robin is 18, legally an adult. Despite just being out of high school, he was never in any of Dean's classes. The two men easily form a connection on an emotional level, in addition to their sexual attraction. It's compelling from the start, and includes a humorous coming out scene for Robin. 

A great aspect of their relationship is the level of equality. Often with such an age gap, when one of the men is only 18, you'd feel the older man has all the power. But the author excels in making them equals despite their differences.

The writing is sharp, with plenty of quick witted conversations, full of great banter. You'll love the sexual exploration and the fun first times. 

The secondary characters are fabulous. I love, love, love this family. They make the holidays fun, with Hallmark movies and cookie decorating. And, oh my, I love Robin's twin. 

A Guy for Christmas is a perfectly feel-good, light-hearted holiday romance. KC Wells had me obsessed with these men from the start. And as the story continues, it just gets better. You can't go wrong with this one. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...