Thursday, July 22, 2021

Absolution by E.M. Lindsey

 


Amazon Link   - Available in KU  





"I’m madly, irrevocably in love with a man I met on the streets one night, and if I get a second chance, I plan to make sure I spend every day reminding him just how absolutely loved and cherished he is.”

By the time he turned twenty-nine, Alexei Gurgov has managed to put his dark past behind him. Running a bookshop and living a quiet life in London, he has very few expectations. He may be lonely, but alone means nothing can hurt him. Alone means there's no one in his life to abandon him.

Then one night, he's mugged in an alley, and his life is irrevocably changed.

Instead of going to the police, Alexei tracks down the mugger and learns he’s merely a starving man trying to get by. Offering him a job and a place to stay, Alexei is determined to help make it right. After all, he knows better than anyone what it's like to struggle.

The one thing he doesn’t expect, however, is to fall for his sudden flatmate, even if it seems like August his hiding something from his past.

When all the chips fall, will this be his own version of a storybook romance, or are they star-crossed lovers, determined to burn bright and fall apart?







My Rating - 3.5 Stars!


Absolution is an emotional hurt/comfort romance by EM Lindsey. 

I have mixed feelings about this one. Overall, I definitely enjoyed the story and the characters. But something left me a little disconnected and I'm not sure what it is.

August and Alexei are two men who both know bad circumstances, pain, and suffering. When they meet, Alexei offers to help August. 

Upon living together, the two quickly give into their sexual attraction, and start a relationship. I think the quick nature of them falling into a relationship threw me off. Something about it just didn't work for me. 

But later...

The men have secrets and obstacles that come to cause problems. I enjoy this part, but it's a lack of communication that will through off some readers. That's not an issue for me though, so I just fell into the emotional rollercoaster of the second half of the book completely. 

The writing kept me from rating this higher as I didn't connect fully with it from the start. If it had more depth at parts, this would easily be a five star read. As is, it's a nice story, with two men who you want to smack around and shake the stupidity out of them. 

Absolution is a story with a phenomenal basis of a story idea. EM Lindsey had me entertained with these men and their tragic backgrounds. It's a nice story and the ending left me pleased. It's well worth a read if you enjoy seeing characters find a second chance at life, as well as love. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...