Thursday, July 8, 2021

Matched By My Rival (Thrust Into Love #2) by D.J. Jamison

 


Amazon Link   - Available in KU 




Simon Prentiss: ex-football star, bitter rival, and...falling for the enemy?

I hate my teammate, Parker Reed.
I hate that he makes me work so hard for my position on the field.
Hate how he always smiles. How easily he shows me up when I'm injured.

Most of all, I hate that he made me lose my temper.

Next thing I know, football is gone.
My scholarship is gone.
I'm nearly gone, too.

With help, I manage to stay in school for my final semester.
At least without football, I can explore a new side to myself.
See where my attraction to guys takes me without fear of it affecting my future.

I didn't see it coming. The cosmic joke.
The sweet, patient guy on the hookup app?
The one who makes me burn with the desire to have him?

Yeah, it's Parker.

Our chemistry is off the charts, no matter how much I resent him.
Holding a grudge against him is impossible.
But when he wants to walk away from everything I lost, can I accept it?

If I don't, I'll lose him too--and that can't happen.
Because I don't hate Parker Reed.
I think I love him.

Matched By My Rival is an enemies-to-lovers, jock rivals romance. It's Book 2 of the Thrust Into Love series but can be read as a standalone.



My Rating - 5 Stars!


Oh man, I love this book. DJ Jamison's Matched By My Rival is a wonderful sports romance. The second book in the Thrust Into Love series, it's easily read as a standalone. 

It has college athletes, which is my favorite thing. 

Simon and Parker are rivals, both on the field, and with a girl. Yikes. Great set up to the fun. 

They start chatting online, as Simon wants to explore his bisexual curiosity. Of course, he has no idea he's chatting with Parker.

The bisexual awakening is fabulous, with a lot of heartfelt moments. The closeted issue is great, as Simon is of course closeted, as most athletes are. 

The sex is super hot. Yes, no surprise there. But damn! These two are smoking as they explore first times and try not to get caught. 

I enjoy the overall theme of trying to decide how to move forward after one's life changes track. It's a tough pill for Spencer when he's kicked off the football team. I appreciate the way the author handles his emotions about this. 

And then there's Parker, who's deciding his future as well. He hates that he has to be closeted as a football player, but he knows he wants something else for himself. 

It's a wonderful reminder that one has to live their life for themselves. One has to do what's best for themselves, and not follow the pressure from others. 

Matched By My Rival is a riveting enemies to lovers romance. I absolutely loved every moment of this coming out, bisexual exploration tale by DJ Jamison. It's perfectly emotional, sweet, and sexy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...