Thursday, July 8, 2021

MF - Broken Trust (Pacific Prep #1) by R.A. Smyth

 


Amazon Link   - Available in KU  




My name is Hadley Parker, and today is the first day of the rest of my life.
Today I start school at Pacific Prep. This is my new lease on life, and I won’t be wasting it.
I need this, now, more than ever. I need the education, the promise of a future that I wouldn’t get anywhere else.
These rich kids don’t like me though.
When Hawk Davenport decides he doesn’t want me here, his friends back him.
Along with Hawk, Westley Warren, Cam Rutherford, and Mason Hayes rule this school and nobody dares go against them.

They don’t know the real me. I won’t back down.


***This book is a reverse harem, meaning the FMC will have three or more love interests.
The book also has trigger warnings for emotional/physical bullying, abuse, violent scenes, reference to self-harm and mature content/swearing, so please do not read if you are easily offended or have the mentioned triggers.
This book is intended for 18+




My Rating - 4.5 Stars!


Broken Trust is the first book in the Pacific Prep series by RA Smyth. 

Oh, this book is a tough one for me. It's everything I hate in a book. But I couldn't put it down. 

This is a young adult story that is disturbing and dark. It's messy, complicated, and not a sweet story. 

But the writing is full of suspense and intrigue, keeping me turning the pages quickly. I hate the different povs, as it isn't easy and clean. But again, I couldn't put it down.

This world of Pacific Prep is one hell of a messed up one. The boys rule the school and everyone does what they say. Until Hadley shows up. 

And then...things get strange. She bucks the system. She messes up everything for everyone. And nothing is as it seems. 

If you hate cliffhangers, stay clear of this book until the series is completed. 

Broken Trust is fun and hot. RA Smyth will keep you up late into the night with all the layers and twists and turns. And when it ends, I have absolutely no clue what is going on, with the author leaving me clueless about all the mysteries. Well done. But now I hate that I have to try to remember all the details until I get my hands on the next book. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Season's Change (Trade Season #1) by Cait Nary

  Amazon Link    Goodreads Link A veteran hockey player and a rookie can't get away from each other—or their own desires—in this sexy, h...